Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They now have an exciting opportunity for a Knitwear Product Developer to join their fabulous Bangladesh Office, based in Dhaka.
Are you looking for something new, keen for an adventure, want to live an expat life and to travel to some amazing places? If so this could just be the ticket!
Product Developer - The Role:
- Responsible for the Product Development process for all the knitwear departments, providing full support to the UK teams by understanding the product offer from your territory.
- Help implement the product strategy set by the Senior Product Manager in order to help increase sales.
- Develop and source new and exciting product that highlights your territory strengths in line with the critical path.
- Independently research the latest trends from catwalks, blogs and trade shows and present these in an exciting visual way throughout the season.
- Prepare for all buying trips and product presentations.
- Communicate daily with the UK teams to discuss new briefs and sourcing requests, and to update them with the latest information from your suppliers.
- Work closely with your supply base to find new product opportunities and support any product development requirements.
- Liaise with fabric and trim suppliers/teams for sourcing requests ensuring to manage deadlines.
- Work closely with Merchandising and Technical teams to assist with any issues on sample progress.
Product Developer - The Candidate:
- Preferably minimum 2 years’ experience in either product development or fashion design.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels.
- Excellent CAD skills required for Adobe Creative Suite.
- An excellent understanding of the fashion market, especially in UK.
- Strong knowledge of your garment category with technical understanding.
- Creative and willing to learn.
- Organised and self-motivated.
- Able to work under pressure and achieve deadlines.
- Ability to think and work independently as well as part of a team.
Product Developer - The Package:
- Competitive salary + benefits including accommodation, transport and regular trips to the UK.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.