My client is a comfort-led, lifestyle brand with a customer-centric philosophy. They design and make functional, stylish, off-duty clothing for men and women. They are currently recruiting a Product Developer to cover a one year maternity.
This role sits within the Design team and works very closely with the Head of Design and Garment Technician, you will play an integral role in the development and growth of the product ranges.
- Working with the Head of Design to plan and develop new styles required for brand categories.
- Working on the development and sourcing of new fabrics and trims appropriate for the intended product
- Creating initial design specs including garment measurements and issuing these to factories for 1st sample.
- Obtaining initial costs from suppliers.
- Working closely with suppliers and factories on the development and cost negotiation, whilst managing lead times, MOQ’s and reporting to the production team.
- Managing the Garment Technician day to day to ensure technical aspects of the product are running on time to the critical path.
- Oversee fit sessions having input from both design and technical aspects to ensure product is developed and fitted correct for market.
- Support the Garment Technician with any troubleshooting that might arise and work together to resolve quickly and efficiently.
- Liaising with external pattern cutter when required.
- Setting up seasonal WIP with SMS detail, order quantities and handover to production team.
- Attending regular design meetings in order to update the team of sampling progress monitoring critical path and troubleshooting to ensure timings are kept on track.
- Liaising between Design, PD, GT, QC and Production teams managing expectations, foreseeing and communicating supply issues whilst also maintaining supplier relationships.
- Spot-checking production by making store and warehouse visits to ensure finishing is of a first-class standard.
- Consistently evaluating and improving quality standards with GT and QC.
- 4+ years’ experience working in a product development role.
- Experience working with Nightwear, Loungewear, Athleisure and Underwear across men’s and women’s.
- Strong fitting experience.
- Understanding a workroom environment and being able to adapt to different situations.
- Pattern cutting knowledge would be an advantage.
- Experience working with luxury fabrics.
- Passionate about attention to detail, high quality and strong knowledge of industry guidelines and standards.
- Skilled knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Willing to travel abroad when required (averages twice a year).
- Strong communicator.
- Team player and able to work under pressure calmly.
My client offers far more than a job and a monthly salary. They invite you to be part of there friendly and fun, work family. There entire team are dedicated to providing the best possible experience for there customers – whether that be online, instore or through one of our selected wholesale partners. Everyone who joins the business contributes to the success and has a part to play in helping us continue to be best-in-class for our market.
They also also offer a generous pension scheme, staff discount and the opportunity to work in a friendly, fun and fast paced environment.