Product Developer – Outerwear and Lifestyle
Excellent Salary DOE
The focus of this position is the development of premium, branded outerwear and leisurewear apparel, across mens and womenswear. You will be responsible for garments from initial concept right though to creation; creating mood boards, overseeing design, developing new products, sourcing fabrics, liaising closely with factories and also presenting to the customer regularly.
This is premium product for a real heritage brand, and it is designed and developed carefully keeping quality, aesthetic and functionality in mind at all times; this is the opposite of fast fashion. You will be working across Casual outerwear for men’s and ladies (woven jackets, soft shell jackets, leather jackets etc) and also men’s casual jersey, merino wool, performance/base tees, fleeces and woven shirts.
The company dynamic is down to earth and friendly, with a shared passion about what they do and they would love a likeminded, hardworking passionate individual to join the crew!
Product Developer – Outerwear and Lifestyle: The Role:
- Developing casual outerwear and multi product apparel for a premium, heritage brand, mainly focussing on menswear though you will also work on womenswear.
- You will be managing a team of freelance Designers, working closely with them to create exciting garments and accessories for the customer
- Products include Casual outerwear for men’s and ladies (woven jackets, soft shell jackets, leather jackets etc) and also men’s casual jersey, merino wool, performance/base tees, fleeces and woven shirts.
- You will be working with factories on development and cost negotiations, managing lead times, MOQ...etc.
- It will be your responsibility to ensure product quality and styling is right for the market.
- You will also be creating trend boards, range building, choosing fabrics, colours trims etc., approving samples and ensuring all products are subjected to significant, rigorous testing.
- You will be managing several critical paths at once, working across 4 seasons at a time – organisation is key.
- There will be a lot of international travel involved in this role, to factories, for development and to meet with customers.
Product Developer – Outerwear and Lifestyle: The Person:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience required for product development and production, ideally in the outerwear category.
- Bachelor’s degree combined with 5 + years of experience in product development and production in outerwear.
- Organized and eye for detail.
- Highly numerate.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Self-starter with a highly proactive approach.
- Willing to learn with a can do attitude.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a close knit team with an ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi task and be able to demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Proficient in windows-based software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- The position will require overseas travel i.e. for client and factory visits etc. so a valid passport is essential.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 11601 2 KK.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.