This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing apparel and accessories business who specialise in high quality, beautifully designed and carefully considered product, across both casual lifestyle and technical performance wear.
The company dynamic is down to earth and friendly, with a shared passion about what they do and they would love a likeminded, hardworking passionate individual to join the crew!
The focus of this position is the development of technical performance apparel, predominately outerwear, as well as multi product lifestyle apparel. You will be responsible for garments from initial concept right though to creation; overseeing design, developing new products, sourcing fabrics, ensuring rigorous testing is done to meet PPE standards, liaising closely with factories and also presenting to the customer regularly.
Product Developer – Technical/Lifestyle Apparel: The Role
- Developing highly technical performance and casual outerwear and apparel.
- You will be managing a team of freelance Designers, working closely with them to create exciting garments and accessories for the customer.
- Products include technical motorcycle riding jackets, jeans, and accessories, as well as casual lifestyle apparel.
- Knowledge and experience of PPE / CE certification for safety products would be a big advantage.
- You will be working with factories on development and cost negotiations, managing lead times, MOQ...etc.
- It will be your responsibility to ensure product quality and styling is right for the market
- You will also be creating trend boards, range building, choosing fabrics, colours trims etc., approving samples and ensuring all products are subjected to significant, rigorous testing.
- You will be managing several critical paths at once, working across 4 seasons at a time – organisation is key.
- There will be a lot of international travel involved in this role, to factories, for development and to meet with customers.
Product Developer - Technical/Lifestyle Apparel: The Person
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience required for product development and production, ideally in the outerwear category. I am looking for someone with an excellent technical background and solid understanding of what is required for a performance-led piece of clothing.
- I am ideally looking for an individual with some sort of interest in motorcycles – whether that is you or maybe a family member as a passion for this product is a big advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree combined with 5 + years of experience in product development and production in outerwear.
- Organized and eye for detail.
- Highly numerate.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Self-starter with a highly proactive approach.
- Willing to learn with a can do attitude.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a close knit team with an ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi task and be able to demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Proficient in windows-based software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- The position may require overseas travel i.e. for client and factory visits etc.
Knowledge in CE standard for Professional Protective Equipment would be an advantage
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting reference 11601 2 KK.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.