The Product Development Manager is responsible for overseeing the development of 4 seasonal collections from design to production handover comprising Women’s RTW and Accessories, ensuring that the collections fulfil the range plan and achieve, quality, fit, margin and critical path expectations.
Thought-provoking design combined with a strong sense of invention and newness is at the foundation of this Central London-based luxury brand which embodies nonconformist yet commercial silhouettes, rich colour and inspired details with a visual twist.
- Working closely with the Creative Director & Founder to oversee and execute the product development lifecycle for all collections from design to production handover for Women’s Ready-To-Wear including knitwear and accessories.
- Manage the day-to-day running of the development process and small in-house atelier.
- Manage the critical path ensuring the whole process is carefully engineered to deliver product on time and to budget and that all parties are aware of responsibilities and deadlines.
- Seasonal planning to agree the range plan, prices and margin targets ensuring these are met.
- Source new fabrics and raw materials as required, working with mills, tanneries and suppliers to develop raw materials and components and ensure suitability for end use mitigating any technical issues.
- Launch initial sketches with pattern cutters guiding the technical development of each style aligned with the vision of the creative director.
- Launch development styles with the factories in Italy, Spain and China sourcing new potential factories and suppliers to improve the supply chain.
- Working with both CMT and fully factored factories.
- Manage the knitwear developer and garment technologist.
- Oversee and attend all reviews and fittings feeding comments back to the relevant pattern cutters and or factories.
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of data for all product information in Zedonk.
- Travel to new and existing factories for sourcing to launch styles, monitor developments and maintain positive relationships.
- Work closely with the production manager to ensure all products are finalised on time and ready for production handover.
- Lead all VIP projects attending all fittings.
- Product Development Manager with a minimum of 5 years of product development experience in luxury fashion and at least 1 year in a management role.
- Expertise in Women’s Ready-to-Wear including knitwear and leather handbags.
- Established network of luxury factories, agents, suppliers and mills.
- Experience in the sourcing and development of luxury raw materials.
- Exceptional organisation skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent time management with the ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritise.
- Proven track record delivering against margins, quality, price and delivery targets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of garment construction and finishing.
- Committed to achieving excellent quality.
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Software proficiency in Zedonk and MS Office
- Hands-on, positive team player able to develop junior team members and build strong relationships.