Job ID 791134
The Product Development & Production Manager will be working closely with the design director/co-founder leading collection development with responsibility for managing product evolution from initial sketch and development to production in line with the critical path achieving creative, brand, quality and delivery expectations.
The successful candidate will have a minimum 6 years’ experience in contemporary luxury fashion with end-to-end production and product development expertise in Women’s RTW specifically wovens encompassing prints, dresses, soft separates, jumpsuits, jackets and outerwear from day to occasion wear and be well connected with contemporary/luxury mills and factories in Europe and China.
- Create, maintain and manage the seasonal critical path for development and production.
- Manage and track all aspects of the development and production budget.
- Negotiation of prices, lead times and minimums with suppliers to achieve target margins.
- Allocate styles to factories based on manufacturing capabilities and price targets.
- Establish strong relationships with new and existing suppliers, production is currently fully factored in China.
- Ensure tech packs are accurately completed and sent to factories on time.
- Follow the development cycle of mid to high complexity styles from prototype launch and allocation to suitable factories, to production sign-off.
- Sourcing and development of raw materials with factories and mills.
- Ensure raw materials are on track with the seasonal calendar for CMT product and orders are placed and received within the correct time-frame.
- Oversee the accurate input and updating of all style and product information into Zedonk including codes, prices, lead times, etc.
- Establish and maintain consistency in production quality standards.
- Participation in fit meetings with responsibility for ensuring fit standards, quality and brand aesthetic are maintained and prototypes approvals meet critical path deadlines working closely with the factories to ensure comments are clear and interpretation is accurate.
- Monitor production progress ensuring production and sample approvals achieve critical path milestones.
- Manage and mentor an Product Development & Production Coordinator promoting attention to detail and accuracy.
- Build and maintain positive professional working relationships with suppliers, exceeding brand expectations. Quality Control, overseeing shipping and logistics.
- Identify and implement efficient systems and processes.
- Develop the product development and production strategy in line with business growth building the team as milestones are achieved.
- Source new factories and suppliers as required as aligned with the brand aesthetic and standards.
Measures of Success
- Product Development & Production Manager with a minimum 6 years’ experience in contemporary / luxury fashion, at least 2 years in a management role.
- Expertise Women’s Ready-to-Wear predominantly wovens encompassing prints, dresses, soft separates, jumpsuits, jackets and outerwear from day to occasion wear.
- Strong network of contemporary luxury factories, agents, suppliers and mills.
- Experience in the sourcing and development of raw materials.
- Expertise in CMT v’s fully factored. Proven track record delivering against critical path and margins.
- Sound technical knowledge in garment construction, patterns, grading, fusing, finishing and digital print.
- Highly organised, ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in establishing positive relationships with colleagues and external partners.
- Strong knowledge of garment construction and finishing.
- Committed to achieving exceptional quality.
- Excellent problem solving and good negotiation skills.
- Ability to balance leadership with a hands-on role.
- Software proficiency in MS Office and Zedonk an advantage.