Working in a busy department producing a variety of high quality apparel, this opportunity is recruiting for experience within a similar production cutting environment.
Production Cutting Room Operative – The Job Outline
- Responsible for cutting out and issuing material pieces to the sample room for making up sample garments.
- Laying up the fabric by hand working to a given spec.
- Plotting off the pattern marker paper in preparation of cutting.
- Hand cutting the fabric pieces following the pattern marker using an electric straight knife cutter.
- Checking the cut fabric pieces back to the pattern and preparing ready for stitching.
- Responsible for using safe methods of cutting.
- Responsible for making sure the correct information is provided for sample cutting, e.g., the type of sample, the quantity required the fabric to be used etc.
- Preparing rolls of fabric and mounting on the holder prior to laying up, involving heavy lifting.
- Taking swatches from each roll of fabric for quality checking by the Fabric Technologist.
- Managing recut requests from the sample machinists as and when required
- Ad hoc additional tasks required in the bulk production of garments such as applying heat seals on garments
Production Cutting Room Operative –Skills & Experience
- Experience within a similar role with apparel production.
- An understanding of fabrics (particularly stretch and woven) and production work, and working with patterns is essential.
- Confident knowledge of garment construction and the cutting of fabrics.
- Possess skills to set up and operate a range of machines.
- Confident communicator (written and verbal) ie. to explain/present technical information
- Ability to effectively manage own workload to priorities and deadlines
- Attentive to detail
- To contribute to the development of new ideas/initiatives and to problem solve
- Team player – to support others, and share responsibility for the team’s targets and objectives
To apply please forward CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference 12379AA.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.