Our Client, who operates an exclusive and highly successful business model has a vacancy for a Production Manager to join their innovative team and work with contemporary and inspirational Designer Brands.
Each brand is on a different stage of growth and development and as such requires bespoke Production and Merchandising plan as well as Product Development tailored to their immediate and future needs.
This is a really varied and exciting role for an experienced Production Manager looking for growth with a highly professional organisation.
The Production Manager will work within the Licensing Department and report into the Licensing Director
The Production Manager is responsible for on-time delivery of stock, to the highest quality, at the right price. This role sits within the Licensing team, so naturally involves working cross functionally with the designers, and developers of the brands, but also with the sales, merchandising, logistics, finance, marketing and customer service teams.
Plan seasonal allocation based on technical capability, volume, capacity, margin targets and supplier performance
Develop and maintain exceptionally strong relationships with nominated factories and mills, to ensure commercial and technical commitments are honoured
Handover production tech-packs and BOMs to factories. Create Grading Rules with the Product Developer and communicate/control per factory, ensuring season on season consistency
Responsible for the on-time raising of POs and on time delivery of stock, including identifying potential delivery issues as early as possible in the product creation process.
Responsible for Quality Control, coordinating inline and end of production QC, either involved directly in person or commissioning external parties as and when required, subject to budget availability
Partner with the designers of each brand to identify and manage seasonal counter-sourcing or new categories sourcing needs and act in finding, onboarding and managing these
Ensure implementation of the Critical Path and guide brands on best practice
Work with Legal and Product Management to finalize all garment and material contracts
Financial control of all Production invoices
Work closely with the Operations Team to allow for a seamless cashflow management and inbound/deliveries reporting
Create Supplier Manual and manage QC process and external parties. QC as and when necessary.
Maintain Range Grids per brand
Provide target costing to the Head of Product Management at line planning stage based on margin targets, forecast volume, chosen vendor & previous seasons
Record seasonal raw material excess and actively drive projects to utilise excess (e.g. share between brands or create Special Projects)
Experience and skills Required
- Relevant experience within a sourcing / production / supply chain role, preferably within the fashion or sportswear industry.
- Entrepreneurial and a natural problem solver with a track record of working in fashion start-ups across different departments
- Strong analytical skills with numerical dexterity and highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Solid understanding margin levers and a track record of margin improvement.
- Equally comfortable working autonomously and remotely from factories as well as responding to strict instructions
- Detail oriented with strong follow- through
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Ability to design and implement change
- Proactive, dynamic interpersonal style, able to act between different departments in a diplomatic, non- confrontational manner.
£40k + benefits