My client, a London luxury ready to wear womenswear brand, is looking for an experienced Production Manager to join their exciting and rapidly growing team!
The brand is about comfort as well as glamour, being able to wear the product from day to night, in any situation in any country.
As an experienced Production Manager, strong sourcing and negotiation skills are a must and you will have previously worked in a high-end/luxury environment within womenswear with responsibilities of leading/managing production, ensuring margin, delivery, quality and Critical Path objectives.
- Oversee and deliver ready-to-wear collections, in addition to exclusives and bespoke orders.
- Constantly review and implement new processes and structure to improve quality, lead-times and deliveries.
- Create and manage seasonal critical path for Development, Production, from grading and post-market pattern work through to final warehouse deliveries.
- Manage and update seasonal range plan and fabric grid.
- Research and develop new fabrics with mills taking into account target costs.
- Track sampling progress with factories and review initial costing’s.
- Review factory allocations and capacity.
- Support pre-production and fit meetings and ensure that they run smoothly and efficiently in line with critical path deadlines.
- Work with Owner, Designer and Finance team to set the Production budget, create seasonal forecasts for fabric and factory costs.
- Oversee and build supplier relationships to ensure all suppliers meet and maintain delivery, quality and margin expectations.
- Negotiate production payment terms, prices, quantities and delivery dates. Ensure that costing and margin targets are met across each season.
- Regular factory visits to ensure production is running smoothly. Solve issues efficiently in a timely manner to maintain confirmed delivery dates.
- Management of QC process at factory ensuring highest quality product is shipped to stores.
- Sign off and approve purchase orders to factories and raw material suppliers.
- Source new factories and/or suppliers where required, both in the UK and abroad.
The Ideal Candidate
- Have 5+ years’ experience working in womenwear production, preferably for a luxury brand.
- A team orientated approach.
- Experience working on both a CMT and fully factored basis with factories.
- Basic understanding of patterns and grading.
- Knowledge of retail maths and able to calculate Wholesale costs, RRPs and margins.
- Knowledge and skills in Microsoft Excel, and ideally experience with Zedonk.
- Ability to self-motivate with efficient time-management and prioritisation skills and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure and across all levels of seniority.
- Strong interpersonal skills with solid written and verbal skills.
- Must be hands on, flexible and adaptable. Travel essential.