As Production Manager for this British luxury brand, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running and output of three ateliers, two in Cambridge and one in Central London which produce the highest quality handcrafted luxury small and large leather goods, hats and umbrellas.
The successful individual will have around 5 years of production experience ideally in luxury leather goods and accessories and including atelier management.
Flexibility to travel between London and Cambridge is essential. Cambridge is well connected by road and rail and both sites offer free on-site parking. Bond Street is the nearest tube to the London atelier.
- Day-to-day management of a highly-skilled workforce across several production lines each comprising a team of around five artisans, producing top-tier handcrafted luxury leather goods, hats and umbrellas.
- Manage the atelier teams guiding performance and personal development.
- Drive performance of in-house bespoke production facilities to meet and exceed production targets.
- Define, implement and monitor production efficiency improvements.
- Create and develop KPIs for the production department to achieve.
- Set and monitor quality control checks and standards and ensure all products align with brand standards and excellence.
- Manage budgets and costs associated with Production.
- Work alongside key stakeholders on new projects to support brand growth.
- Oversee machine maintenance and repairs, liaising with external engineers as required.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture and lead by example with a hands-on attitude.
- Develop and implement cost-down initiatives.
- Ensure a smooth and consistent supply chain.
- Arrange international outsourcing as required; such as umbrella production for wholesale orders.
- Ensure compliance with HSE & CSR group-wide initiatives, promoting a Safety First culture.
- Take responsibility for inventory and stock control.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to the Senior Management Team & Executive Committee.
- Production Manager with around 5 years of experience including atelier management and experience working with luxury leather goods and accessories.
- Skilled in delivering against margins, quality and delivery targets.
- Excellent time management with the ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritise.
- Exceptional organisation skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional people management skills with the ability to guide and motivate.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Proficient use of CRM tools and other systems.
- Software proficiency in MS Office and Google Drive.
Salary & Benefits:
- £ in line with experience + benefits.
- 33 days holiday, (including bank holidays).
- Pension scheme.
- Travel expenses.