This opportunity is looking to recruit an experienced Production Merchandiser from a supplier background. A knowledge of lingerie or intimates would be advantageous. Our client is an established and respected lingerie supplier who also have own brand, and are known for their attention to detail and inhouse technical team.
Production Merchandiser – The Job Details
- Receive order handover packs from Development Team
- Check BOMs, size breakdowns, MOQs, component splits, costings, CP, customer PO’s to ensure all agreed and to required standards.
- Activate orders with factories & suppliers.
- Set up new products on SAP and raise PO’s.
- Book materials where required, including bulk fabric for CMT orders & greige commitment for running fabrics.
- Manage sealing schedule
- Update critical path and maintain database, co-ordinate departments and team members to ensure deadlines are achieved to delivery.
- Set the pace! Have clear priorities and take action to co-ordinate information to and from customers, suppliers and factories.
- Maintain critical path, complete expected & actual dates. Update any descriptions, colours etc. Reconcile with SAP.
- Ordering Press, Rail & Photo Samples.
- Arranging Wearer test samples and feedback process where necessary.
- Updating customer order management systems, customer critical path or status reports as required.
- Generating packaging spec for care labels, hang tags, barcodes, carton labels etc. Checking & approving artwork for all packaging.
- Co-ordinate fabric & garment testing with China Team, external test houses & suppliers to ensure all materials & samples meet required standards.
- Upload test reports to customer extranet/cloud storage systems where required.
- Book AQL inspections with 3rd Party inspectors.
- Co-ordinate with China office to process Lab dips & bulk submissions.
Production Merchandiser – Person Specification
- Previous experience within a supplier production/merchandiser role – min 5 years.
- Desirable product knowledge of lingerie, swim or intimate apparel.
- Proven ability to build and manage lasting relationships with customers, factories and suppliers.
- Support factories with queries, educate and train. On board factories and work with them to ensure they follow standard working practice and procedures.
- Monitor supplier performance, suggest areas of improvement & best practice, and escalate any issues to company managers.
- Monitor supplier & social audits, maintain a calendar and ensure audits are valid & any corrective action plans are followed up and implemented.
- Be a team player, help and support team through busy periods and be open to support new projects.
- Share ideas, best practice, sources and information willingly to enable the business to maximize opportunities and improve efficiencies.
- Concise written & verbal communication both internally and externally.
- To confidently prepare & present information with conviction.
- Assist accounts team with any queries on delivery & invoice dates
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Confident IT Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook etc).
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting our reference: 11869 AA.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.