Our client is a well established supplier of apparels and accessories to high street retailers across UK and Europe. With a turnover exceeding £200 million, they have been growing strong year on year and have been growing their merchandising team (over 15 now) due to increasing order volumes.
They are now seeking an experienced merchandiser to take on some of their key accounts.
Merchandiser: The role:
As a production merchandiser you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the order process for some of the key customers. You will be:
- Leading meeting with sales / QA and tie department if needed for new orders, including the completion of handover critical path to highlight any issues relating to the management of the order
- Completing and sending make sheets and all other relevant information to the factory
- Liaising with the mills to ensure all documents are sent for shipping and setting up of LC’s, making sure all fabric for approval and testing are sent in time for fabric shipment
- Completing progress sheets for recording all order history
- Liaising with customer for all purchase order information which then needs to be checked to make sure all is correct
- Ordering all trims and accessories, making sure artwork and bulk accessories are sent on time
- Liaising with mills / factory and logistics depart to make sure LC’s are opened in time for shipment
- Liaise with factory for the sending of samples for approval
- Liaising with customer for approval
- Liaising with QA department to ensure samples are sent on time for fit sessions
- Liaising with fabric department regarding fabric test reports and fabric inspections are conducted prior to fabric shipment
- Liaising with factory to make sure fabric & accessories are cleared into factory
- Liaising with garment factory and fabric department to make sure fabric inspection is carried out prior to garment cutting
- Chasing factory for production samples / final AQL / and garment shipping
- Liaise with logistic department for vessel dates and eta into the UK
- Obtaining garment packing list for booking into customer warehouse
- Ordering any UK accs ie hangers / hanger seals
- Checking Excel UK warehouse schedule for container delivery
- Arranging delivery into warehouse
- Updating stock records as required, ensure all garments delivered are invoiced, liaise with accounts department
- Managing of customer critical path, including regular submissions to the customer as required
Production Merchandiser: The candidate:
The ideal candidate will be an experienced merchandiser from the supplier side, and have a strong background in working with large high street retailers in a high volume environment. They will also be hands on in working with factories in the far east and be able to troubleshoot and solve problems at early stages.
Please apply in confidence.