This is an exciting opportunity for a bright purchasing co-ordinator to join a quality accessories business at a time of growth into a new market. The role, for the right candidate, will provide excellent opportunities for career advancement within the business to progress as the company grows.
- Order materials, leather and buckles from suppliers based on orders
- Negotiate prices with suppliers based on amounts calculated required, driving for discounts
- Flag minimum order quantity issues, any supplier issues or product issues, checking when deliveries arrive with the Stores area against delivery notes
- Organise and keep track of all purchase orders and working closely with the Stores area and management informing all of the purchase order process
- Regular, clear and concise communication and updates from suppliers and to management.
- Working closely with Sales and Production Directors to keep them informed of updates
- Working closely with the Freight manager to ensure goods are booked to arrive when needed
- Working closely with the Head of Finance to ensure payments of orders can be made in a timely manner and agreed with suppliers
- Look to resource materials and create new supplier relationships to help the company improve products, make cost savings and find reliable partners to the business
- Be able to follow correct procedures, instructions, show initiative and suggest improvements
- Be confident in addressing, or flagging, wherever procedures aren’t being followed
- Be able to prioritise workflow according to importance and work methodically
- Be computer literate and experienced with SAGE and Microsoft Office and Excel in particular
- Must be able to keep organised, keeping on top of emails and show leadership and initiative