Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager
£ comp. salary dependent upon experience
Growing lifestyle/apparel brand seeks to recruit an experienced Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager. With a strong background in purchasing and procurement you will be experienced in maintaining supplier relationships and ensuring delivery timelines are met. Offering extensive experience liaising with 3rd party suppliers, logistic partners and international factories, Apparel experience is essential.
We are looking for someone who is brimming with ideas to continue to improve process and accuracy.
Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager – Job Responsibilities:
- Analyse Sales Orders and consumer to propose, optimise and coordinate seasonal buy to planned seasonal budget.
- Responsible for the on-time delivery of stock into global warehouses including identifying potential delivery issues and coordinating solutions, escalating significant issues and working to minimize the commercial impact.
- Oversee the coordination of India QC team to ensure capacity to fulfil inline inspections and final AQLs can be completed on time in full to meet delivery plans.
- Oversee all bulk raw material ordering and work with team ensuring timely approvals against the agreed critical path.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with nominated suppliers including packaging source; being the main point of escalation for all production related queries
- Build and oversee relationship with 3rd party logistics provider to ensure best rates, systems management and terms of contract are maintained.
- Manage and maintain all order placements across whole supply chain including bulk shipment approvals, lead times reduced, costs optimised, ethical and organic standards met.
- Coordinate seasonal capacity planning for both raw materials and finished product to ensure availability of production space in accordance with the calendar and delivery schedule.
- Partner with merchandising and buying teams to finalise seasonal supplier contracts, including prices and margins, and provide the business with seasonal analysis across suppliers and categories.
- Management and development of a small team.
Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager – The Person Specification:
- Experience with a purchasing or procurement, or supply chain management position – min 5 years.
- Commercial acumen and good analytical skills with the ability to apply sound judgment to business issues
- Experience liaising effectively with 3rd party suppliers, logistics partners or international factories.
- Strong communicator, abillity to operate across all levels within an organisation
- A 'hands on' individual, who wants to get stuck in, and bring commercial solutions to the busines.
- Able to manage and motivate a small team.
- Highly organised, methodical and acurrate with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Highly proficient in Micosoft Excel.
- Knowledge of PLM/ERP systems is an advantage.
Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager - The Company:
Based in a great location very accessible to the gorgeous Cornish coastline. The company prides itself on being a fun and exciting environment to work in, and opportunities for career development. You will be invited to take part in their award winning health & wellbeing activities, there is support for ongoing professional development with bespoke learning initiatives and training opportunities and much more.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting our reference: 11737 AA.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.