QC/Garment Technologist (4 days a week)
I am looking for a QC/Garment Technologist, ideally with experience of working across mens, womens and childrenswear for a well-established business in Bury, just north of Manchester. This multichannel, multi-product fashion supplier also has its own in-house brand so you will be working on a real mix of products across clothing and accessories.
This role is for a well-established, reputable business with great offices and a friendly team! This role is ideal for someone looking for reduced working hours as it requires someone to only work a 4 day week.
QC/Garment Technologist (4 days a week) – The Role:
- The role covers menswear, ladieswear, childrenswear and accessories across the business on both supply and own brand products.
- Product is a mix of apparel and nightwear predominately, as well as winter accessories, slippers, socks and loungewear.
- This is the sole Garment Technologist role in the business, reporting directly into the owners/directors.
- You will be accountable for making new size specs as well as measuring and fitting garments.
- Producing clear and concise fit comments.
- You will be tasked with reading/checking all test reports, dealing with any findings and filing reports away.
- Managing the critical path and high-lighting potential issues in a timely way.
- Liaising with design and merchandisers.
- Working with overseas factories keeping a good relationship with the customers.
QC/Garment Technologist (4 days a week) - The Person:
- I am looking for a Garment Technologist, ideally with 3-4+ years’ experience within a supplier background within fashion.
- Ideal candidate will have experience of working across mens, womens and childrenswear, though I will consider adaptable candidates who have possibly only covered 1 or 2 areas but are willing to learn.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Computer literate including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- The role could be full time but I can also offer 4 days a week if needed.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting our reference: 11609 2KK.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.