Our Client. a leading toy manufacturer has a vacancy for a QA Technologist to join their team. The role reports into the QA Manager.
To ensure that all products are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. You will need to deal with internal departments within Europe & Hong Kong, external suppliers, inspection companies, test laboratories and enforcement authorities as required.
The role will require some international travel to the client’s Hong Kong office, suppliers & factories, and to the stores and warehouses.
• Support UK Quality Assurance & Compliance Manager
• Support other departments to ensure QA policies are being met.
• Provide advice on the quality, safety & compliance of new product initiatives.
• Conduct, document & communicate new product risk assessments, identifying test requirements and potential quality and safety risks.
• Provide details of the required technical information for packaging to design team and check & approve subsequent artwork.
• Provide & document QA input at all product development stages.
• Update NPD Tracker with QA information.
• Create & maintain product technical files & create UK & EC DOCs for approved new products.
• Maintain the Technical File Log.
• Create Special Inspection Check requirements for pre-shipment inspections.
• Provide advice on the quality, safety & compliance for international markets.
• Monitor product performance statistics in terms of returns, store & customer complaints, internet reviews & product incidents & provide regular product performance updates.
• Investigate & identify the root cause for products performing outside acceptable levels and follow up corrective action.
• Investigate customer complaints and poor product reviews to help provide a suitable customer response & identify any corrective action required.
• Conduct Returns Analysis on returns at the warehouse.
• Coordinate weekly product meeting to review poor product performance with a multi-disciplined team.
• Continually review QA procedures and recommend changes to improve efficiencies and effectiveness.
• Contribute to the development of the Addo Play Quality Manuals.
• Relevant experience in a QA/product technologist role .Preferred Manufacturing Engineering, Product Design or Testing Laboratory background or experience, ideally with toys.
• Experience of International Directives, Regulations, Standards & requirements.
• A logical thinker with the ability to analyze numerical and written data.
• Sound investigative skills with the ability to identify risk and implement effective solutions.
• A high level of attention to detail.
• The ability to work with, and protect, confidential information.
• Strong organisational and time management skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer literate with an intermediate knowledge in MS Word, Excel & Access.
• Full UK driving license would be advantageous.
• Enthusiasm: Can demonstrate enthusiasm in their work, in the brand, and in the product ranges. Can embrace the client’s mission and vision. Understandsthe importance of a fun and has a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Proactive. Quick to act and able to initiate enterprise within functional responsibility reflecting line manager's goals.
• Competitive. Seeks to be the best and excel in their work. Focused on perfered
• Accountable. Able to give account and take responsibility for actions, is open and non-defensive towards feedback.
• Flexible. Is flexible to adopt his/her methods and judgments in light of change and new goals. Deals effectively with the unpredictable and uncertain.
• Thinking agility. Assimilates data and explores options from different perspectives to make effective judgments.
• Implementation focus. Delivers against agreed objectives, plans and deadlines. Committed to achieving targets.