To guarantee the highest quality standards are maintained in the production of all garments from the Alsico supply base. All agreed levels of compliance being met socially, ethically and environmentally. Inspecting garments for defects and deviations to the specification and to manage all on going factory quality levels subsequent to gold seal approval.
We can provide training to support elements of the role as long as the overall attributes of the individual are a good match.
The Quality and Compliance Auditor is ultimately responsible for the following areas:
- Inspection of garments on incoming deliveries and prioritising any urgent /pre sold styles, liaising with the warehouse personnel.
- Prepare and submit goods inwards reports to the factories /suppliers, detailing defect and deviation rates
- Processing of quality related returns. Providing feedback to the customer and/or the sales team
- Ad hoc stock checks due to any problems identified and scope the extent of these. Maintaining a quality report log which will be reviewed regularly with the Operations Manager.
- Actively promote and communicate to relevant department heads on quality issues
- Approve master samples to be sent to factories to counter sample
- Measuring sizing sets prior to shipment to the customer
- Regularly carry out internal audits on ISO9001and ISO14001 reporting any non -compliances to the relevant departmental manager and the Operations manager
- Assist in the on-boarding of new suppliers which may involve off-shore visits relating in the first instance to their Ethical trading compliance to ensure that they meet the requirements of the Labour standards Assurance scheme
Ensure that all the relevant information is collated and gathered about suppliers and is stored in the designated area.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Reducing NCR levels relating to manufacturing quality issues
- Overall quality levels at 2.5 AQL levels
- Efficient processing of customer returns
- Managing priorities in line with stock / pre-sold requirements
- Accurate and comprehensive records kept to fulfil all of the needs of ISO accreditations and Labour standards Assurance scheme
The position reports directly to the Operations Manager
KEY REQUIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- Preferably good product technical ability
- Be able to contribute to team meetings, sharing best practice with colleagues
- Methodical with an eye for detail
- IT skills in Word, Outlook and Excel
- An understanding of garment construction or fabrics
- A desire to learn about the manufacturing process of clothes