Working in the Quality Assurance team of a leading Toy Retailer your role will be to manage the QA, safety and compliance of toys. You will be responsible for conducting design review and risk assessments on products identifying potential quality and safety risks, liaising with suppliers and ensuring that product technical files are complete and maintained as appropriate. The role will require you to deal with external suppliers, labs and internal departments.
You will be an experienced QA professional with a toy industry background who possesses a natural ability to communicate and articulate ideas clearly. The role requires a confident and hands-on individual who is a logical thinker with ability to analyse numerical and written data. Strong investigative skills are essential with ability to identify risk and implement effective solutions.
You must also hold a full UK driving license with a minimum of one year’s driving experience.
• To manage and maintain the critical path ensuring shipment dates are met.
• Conduct design reviews & risk assessments identifying potential quality and safety risks and are accurately documented and appropriately communicated.
• Product and packaging approval and sign-off.
• Product technical file management; collation and approval of key documentation. Ensuring test reports are valid within the set criteria.
• To manage & maintain retesting on products.
• Lead investigations on poor performing products, delivering an effective solution.
• Support the QA Coordinator on incidents and complaint investigations within a timely resolution.
• Ensure all supplier communications are understood and instructions are completed in relevant timescales.
• Supporting the export and customs process relation to sharing QA documentation.
• Represent the QA team around the business, working closely with buying, web teams and customer service.
• Support consumer review investigations and provide direction to improve performance.
• Relevant experience in a similar role, ideally gained in the toy industry.
• Full understanding of the Toy Safety Directive and requirements.
• Previous experience in critical path management.
• Good general understanding of the wider toy industry and the production processes involved.
• Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and OneDrive.
• Strong organisational skills and time management to achieve effect use of time and resources.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to ensure quality communication and information are provided to all levels of management