Quality Controller - shifts or permanent nights
Quality Controller x 3
1 Permanent Nights
2 Rotating weekly between Early and Late shifts
NJ Screen Prints is based in Hinckley and is the UK’s leading volume screen printer of garments to retail and trade. Boasting leading edge printing technology and excellent relationships with high street retailers and all the major supermarket brands; NJ is a growing business that has doubled its turnover in two years. Employing around 175 staff NJ is focussed and committed to leading edge design, quality and customer service. Striving for excellence and careful management of our costs across the business means that the role of the Quality Controller is paramount to our success.
The ideal applicant for this role will have at least two years’ experience in Quality Control within the Garment Industry and possess a good knowledge of ethical and technical compliance. A sound knowledge of AQL in the garment industry is essential. This role requires you to use your initiative and manage multiple tasks across your day. Team working is important as you will work with colleagues across the production department checking the quality of garments and prints against authorised samples. Excellent communication skills are required as the role holder will work with colleagues from all levels of the organisation and with external auditors. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a methodical manner; you will always have an excellent eye for detail and work with accuracy. You will need to be pro-active and flexible and have a willingness to learn. The key tasks of the role holder will be:
- To ensure that the quality in production is of the highest standard, it is fit for purpose and satisfies the customers’ expectations and criteria.
- To be a prominent presence on the factory floor to ensure quality remains at the highest standard.
- To train and coach, the end of line Quality Control Operatives including monitoring and retraining as required.
- To quality check garments and ensure that printed garments are of an equal standard to the approved samples.
- To carry out AQL’s on blanks garments delivered in and printed garments.
- To carry out durability tests, record and report the results.
- To set up quality procedures and maintain controls and documentation of these procedures.
- To report defects and support the company’s ethos of minimum seconds and errors by working with staff to improve quality standards.
- Attend QC meetings.
If you have knowledge of the printing industry or have worked in a retail quality assessment environment it will be a distinct advantage. If you feel you have the skills and experience that we are looking for, please send your CV to email@example.com specifying which shift you are applying for Nights or Rotating.
Based at our site in Hinckley you will be working either a night shift – 10pm to 6am with holiday/absence cover for day/late shift between 6.00am-10pm as required OR an alternating shift pattern between early shift 6.00am to 2.00pm and late shift 2.00pm to 10.00pm with holiday/absence cover for night shift 10.00pm-6.00am as required. . We offer a competitive salary as well as 30 days holiday per year (inc bank holidays).