To Manage & Control Quality Raw Materials from Suppliers and at Burberry Mill.
- Determining, Implementing and following up on in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Implementation of Quality Systems covering all stages of the production process
- Assessing brand requirements and ensuring that these are met
- Maintaining and co-ordinating complaints system including corrective actions
- Liaison with suppliers of raw materials to specify requirements
- Ensuring that manufacturing processes comply with standards at both national and international level
- Working with operating staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures
- Writing management and technical reports and determining training needs
- Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality
- Directing objectives to maximise profitability
- Recording, analysing and distributing statistical information
- Manage Fabric inspection department and support of related Quality functions
- Assist on quality complains from Vendors
- Manage and effectively report on quality of Raw Materials and Fabric stocks
- Auditing, validating and distribution of quality statistics
- Preferred qualification: Textile Engineering Degree. Materials and/or Chemicals Degree
- Quality management experience in apparel or non-apparel business
- Fabric & Apparel manufacturing experience.
- Garment technology understanding or experience
- Attention to detail.
- Self-starting and able to manage a team and prioritise and focus the team workload.
- Able to be pragmatic, commercial and realistic whilst not compromising standards.