Our client is a premium brand based in London and they have an exciting opportunity for a Retail Area Manager to join their business. The role will be to manage and support specific stores in the region to achieve Company objectives by empowering Store Managers, promoting a customer focus culture to all colleagues which will assist to maximise sales and profit performance. This is a field-based role across London and South East.
Retail Area Manager - The Role:
- To achieve and exceed sales and profit budgets within stores and across the region through effective store strategy planning, monitoring the financial performance identifying opportunities, risks and taking action when required.
- Work with Store Managers to plan store strategies / layouts and ensure that promotions are implemented in line with agreed seasonal and promotional plans.
- Identify opportunities to increase the profitability of stores, e.g. reviewing stock packages identifying local opportunities, etc.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that operating costs are managed and controlled to protect profitability and ensure action is within stores to minimise stock loss.
- Work with Store Managers to ensure that consistently high levels of customer service are achieved and are continually improved within stores.
- Ensure that stores are staffed effectively and within budget to maximise sales and maintain high store standards.
- To monitor service standards within stores using available data, e.g. customer satisfaction, mystery shop, conversion and average spend repots and take action where a store is falling below the required standards.
- To recruit Store Management in conjunction with HR to reflect the requirements of each store and take responsibility for the induction and on-going training of Store Management. Ensure that Store Managers recruit, induct and train their teams in line with company guidelines.
- To carry out induction and other reviews for Store Management as required and ensure that Store Managers are monitoring their team’s ongoing performance, giving regular feedback and carrying out reviews.
- Monitor the performance / behaviour or Managers within stores. Recognise excellent performance and manage underperformance in line with the Company’s performance improvement procedure to improve results.
Retail Area Manager - The Candidate:
- Must have previous Premium Apparel Brand experience
- Looking for someone who can demonstrate good business acumen with a passion and track record for delivering results;
- A keen eye for detail and flare for VM to ensure the company’s vision is delivered within store;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to motivate teams and influence at all levels;
- the ability to make decisions efficiently and with confidence within company guidelines.
- You must have a full UK driving licence.
- A strong people management focus
Retail Area Manager - The Package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR Policy.