This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Garment Technologist to join one of Britain’s fastest growing Outdoor and Lifestyle Companies on a temporary contract covering 3 months April – June 2020. working as part of the Technical team within the Design department.
In this role you will be responsible for-
- Measuring and commenting on samples for construction, workmanship and fit from Proto sample to Shipment samples.
- Liaising directly with Far East suppliers on fit amendments, quality comments throughout all stages of development and production.
- Managing test reports, ensuring all products meet the required standards and are submitted according to their supplier manual and updating as required.
- Managing own workload.
The ideal candidate will have –
- Ideally at least 1 year + experience in an apparel multi-product role, ideally with experience in shirting and knitwear.
- Skilled knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience using Adobe Illustrator.
- Strong fitting and grading skills.
- Knowledge of industry guidelines and standards, keeping up to date on new testing and safety measures.
- Must be confident and use initiative to make own decisions and find solutions to problems that arise within the development and production process.
- Strong team player
- Full driving licence due to the location and requirements of the business.
The contract will be for around 3 months’ depending on workload and ideally requires someone to work full-time hours or at least a minimum of 4 days a week.
Salary – Dependant on Experience.
This vacancy was newly posted on 18/02/20.