The role of Senior Account Manager will be leading a key retail account with responsibility for the continual development and nurturing of a highly successful business which has been growing exponentially over the last 18 months. Main responsibilities include; preparing costings, negotiating prices with buyers and working closely with the design and technical teams to meet and exceed customer expectations by offering commercially successful product. Reporting to the Managing Director.
The successful individual will have at least 5 years of supplier-based experience including account management experience for a high volume largescale retailer specialising in multi-product womenswear.
This highly successful business operates as a flat structure where success is driven by team effort working cross-functionally in a highly supportive and collaborative environment.
- Strategic account management, balancing the bigger picture and day-to-day priorities.
- Manage the critical path, working closely with the Merchandising team to ensure key deadlines are achieved.
- Attend customer meetings and follow sample requirements through to order.
- Sourcing of fabric and trims working closely with the design team, fabric team and buyers in line with each brief.
- Negotiate prices, margins, lead times and quantities liaising closely with the Merchandising team.
- Ensure proto and press samples are actioned in line with the critical path and arrive in good time and to the correct specifications.
- Raise PO’s and monitor each style up to UPC stage with Merchandising to enable the factory to go ahead in ordering all relevant trims and labelling.
- Liaise daily with Merchandisers to monitor delivery and Intake plans.
- Maintain excellent customer relationships, proactively keeping them informed at all stages and mitigating against delays.
- Review weekly sales figures including best/worst.
- Sales Executive or Key Account Manager with around 5 years of experience in supplier sales and multi-product womenswear.
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail in relation to critical path management.
- A strategic thinker, able to plan for the bigger picture and hone in on the day-to-day.
- Strong product eye with excellent market awareness.
- Service-driven maintaining excellent relationships with buyers.
- Experience briefing and working hand in hand with designers.
- Ability to liaise effectively and diplomatically across the business and to follow through.
- Ability to effectively manage timescales, workload and priorities.
- Self-motivated and results-driven.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Hours, Salary & Benefits:
- £ in line with experience.
- Annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Hours are Monday to Friday 9:00 to 5:30.
- Flexible hybrid working.
Please note: Applicants must be legally eligible to live and work in the UK, employer sponsorship is not a possibility for this opportunity.