Role Senior Buyer ( Newly created Role) Ladieswear
Opportunity not to be missed ! Newly created role due to company growth and future plans.
This post has been created in recognition of company growth and future plans and principally will provide a bridge between Buyer and Controller. The role will assist in the creation of a centre of “Buying excellence” where training and succession planning can be driven and accelerated.
Main Areas of Accountability
The Senior Buyer will continue to have direct line management responsibility for their Buying and will be accountable for all departmental KPI’s. In addition to existing Buying responsibilities as specified in the Buyer’s job description, cross-departmental responsibilities will be allocated by the Buying Controller. These will vary by department and in accordance with the level of buying support available to the Senior Buyer.
Typically they will include: -
- Collation of weekly trading issues across departments and upward communication of this information in controller’s absence.
- Construction of Formal cross-departmental links to include the regular sharing of key trading information, joint sourcing opportunities and best buying practice..
- Deputising for the Buying Controller at Trading and other commercial or operational meetings such as the monthly best sellers meeting as and when required.
- The development of retail operations appreciation through regular liaison with Regional Managers
- Alongside Senior Merchandiser cascade departmental trading on a monthly basis within the Company fortnightly Best Sellers meeting.
- To establish formal links across relevant buying departments where information on key trading strategies and emerging trends can be adapted to the benefit of the total business.
- Alongside the senior merchandiser you should ensuring key promotional events are coordinated, communicated, and monitored in a timely and organised manner. To include windows, tables, POS, story phasing.
- Regular communication with Buying Controller to ensure they are fully informed of any developments or potential issues, ensuring communication is consistent and in the appropriate format.
- Brainstorming and sharing best practice across the buying floor i.e. key supplier strategies, sourcing policies, bought sample procedures etc.
- In accordance with previously agreed looks and palettes regular meetings will be held to ensure consistency across all areas.
- Ranges are available and fully represented by story/intake/grade in a timely manner
- Quarterly comp shops are to be undertaken alongside senior merchandiser and VM team to establish missed opportunities/ new key driving strategies
- Share responsibility with Buying Controller for the monitoring and regular assessment of the Assistant Buyer Competency Development.
- Undertaking special project work as and when required, e.g. IT development, facilitating training workshops for Assistant Buyers, inducting new starters.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
- Fantastic Opportunity not to be missed !! Please don't delay send your CV details today !