Our Client, is a highly successful company supplying exclusively designed, bespoke and contemporary uniforms, to luxury and premium brands worldwide.
They are looking for an experienced Senior Designer to achieve the companies ambitious growth strategy. The candidate needs a luxury, formal womenswear background but with the ability to work across both Menswear and Womenswear and design across multiple garment types. Experience required is from Luxury and RTW Brands as opposed to Supplier.
The candidate must confidently know their fabrics, be meticulous with their presentation visuals and be able to hit very tight deadlines. This person must also be able to confidently present to high profile stakeholders who have high expectations.
• The creation of design concepts including research and the producing of visual mood boards using illustrator, for presentation to the client. Translate the client brief quickly and get the concept right first time.
• You will be required to research the history and heritage of each brand to come up with a unique design angle that will translate into innovative design and a strong concept.
• You will offer dynamic, fresh, highly creative ideas to excite the client and strengthen the Client’s portfolio.
• Be responsible for diffusing this high-level design concept down through the rest of the range.
• To offer guidance and support to the product development and commercial team.
• You will be responsible for all fabric sourcing and will be expected to present fabric and trim options for each design along with fabric/trim prices, minimum quantities and technical information.
• Work closely with the Pattern Cutter, Assistant Designers, Commercial and Product Development teams, as well as the CEO and COO to achieve objectives set.
• Responsible for meeting key dates and ensuring design is all completed to critical path.
• You will be asked to present your designs to the client in a corporate environment.
• You will have an excellent sense of colour, print and graphics.
• It is imperative that you can translate and articulate your design concepts and ideas clearly and quickly onto presentation boards using illustrator, imagining that the audience is not necessarily from a design background.
• You will be able to translate your ideas into coherent and well written sentences to quickly and concisely get your vision and concept across.
• Experience of Womenswear luxury tailoring is essential
• Very experienced in directing pattern cutters and managing fit meetings and directing how the designs are to be constructed, so a good background in garment construction is essential.
• Ability to sketch illustrations and translate to the computer; quick at creating CADs. Good experience at using illustrator.
• Experienced in creating engaging and impressive mood boards to articulate your ideas.
• You will be dynamic, innovative, and highly creative.
• Must have experience within a luxury and premium brand or high-end high street retailer.
• You will be a problem solver and can think strategically and innovatively for each client brief.
• You must think on your feet and come up with alternative solutions quickly.
• Strategic thinker and able to plan a range across multiple numbers of sub-ranges. Experience of designing complex ranges and sub-ranges.
• It is essential that you are trend aware with a strong understanding of fashion and lifestyle and quick access to trend resources.
• Good commercial awareness and able to design to a set budget and ensure the range as a whole is being designed with commercial targets in mind. Experience of designing commercially and understanding cost.
• Full contact book of mills and factories. You should be strong on sourcing as well as on design.
• Detailed knowledge of fabrics, garment construction and production methods.
• You will be passionate, hardworking, and accountable for your role. Able to work with minimal direction.
• Highly organised with great time management skills.
• Excellent communicator at all levels.
• Happy to take direction and be part of a busy team.
We regret that due to the number of applicants only successful candidates will be contacted.