We are looking for a Senior Baby & Childrenswear Designer with a commercial, creative design folio to work for the bestselling selling organic childrenswear brand.
Reporting to the Head of Design, you will be part of a busy Design team to help deliver a beautiful ethically made and commercially viable range that reflect the ethos of this growing brand.
This is a full time, permanent in-house design position based in gorgeous Cornwall - ideal for anyone looking to achieve a change of lifestyle.
Senior Designer – Baby & Childrenswear – Job Responsibilities:
- To design innovative and functional childrenswear as well as full repeat prints and embellishments that appeal to the target audience and reflects the brand.
- Create sketches, range overviews and artwork details.
- To make a strategic contribution to help grow and develop the range to meet the company objectives and targets.
- Work collaboratively with Buying and Garment Tech teams to deliver exciting ranges that fit correctly, meet margin expectations and reflect the design vision and brand values.
- To play a significant part in developing the seasonal mood boards, colour palette, big ideas and innovation for each season through research of on-going and future trends, competitor benchmarking and colour analysis.
- Manage allocated range overviews to ensure there is a balanced and commercial offering of product and colour that outfit well and sit together as a cohesive range.
- Assess strike offs and samples where necessary, providing clear comments for suppliers whilst looking for new and better techniques to keep improving the product.
- Travel on seasonal inspiration trips to various locations around the world and occasionally visit suppliers when Design support and development is required.
- Ensure clear and thorough reports are created and delivered back to team on all trips.
- Provide support, direct and inspiration to junior members of the team.
- To continue to develop your own leadership and people management skills.
Senior Designer – Baby & Childrenswear – The Person Specification:
- Experienced Childrenswear Designer (min 5 years) in garment and print design. A passion for childrenswear is essential. Previous experience designing within the lifestyle and branded sector is very desirable.
- Ability to balance creativity and commerciality on order to build an innovative, well-balanced collection which answers a strategic brief.
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships internally and externally and deliver against the overall critical path. Proven ability to coach and mentor up and coming designers.
- Highly experienced in Adobe Illustrator and a good understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite. Creative and innovative thinker and ‘out of the box’ problem solver.
- Excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail. Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines. Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office.
Senior Designer – Baby & Childrenswear - The Company:
Based in a great location very accessible to the gorgeous Cornish coastline. The company prides itself on being a fun and exciting environment to work in, and opportunities for career development. You will be invited to take part in their award winning health & wellbeing activities, there is support for ongoing professional development with bespoke learning initiatives and training opportunities and much more.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org uk quoting reference 11697 AA.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.