Senior Designer – Menswear and Womenswear – Multi Product
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MINIMUM OF 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE, A COMMERCIAL MIND AND YOU CANNOT WORK UNDER PRESSURE. THIS JOB IS NOT FOR A DESIGNER WHO CANNOT COMMERCIALLY DESIGN A RANGE ON TIME, TO BUDGET AND CREATE UNIFORM RANGES ACROSS MULTI PRODUCTS/FABRIC BASIS UNDER PRESSURE. YOU WOULD ALSO BE PRESENTING TO HIGH-END CLIENTS IN A CORPORATE ENVIROMENT WHERE THERE IS NO ROOM FOR ERROR. THIS JOB IS NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED!
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IF YOUR CV IS PREDOMINANTLY FROM A SUPPLIER BACKGROUND. WE ARE MAINLY LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCE FROM LUXURY/READY TO WEAR BRANDS.
Established in 2010 and situated in the heart of London, Studio 104 supplies exclusively designed uniforms to establishments operating at the luxury end of the market including hotels, restaurants, bars, beauty and leisure spas and luxury retail brands.
Studio 104 is proud to have an impressive portfolio of clients including the Savoy hotel, the Dorchester, the Grosvenor House, Mandarin Oriental, Fortnum and Mason, Nobu Ibiza Bay, the Fife Arms, Chatsworth House, the Mondrian London, Mondrian Doha, De Beers, Gleneagles and many more.
We are expanding and looking for an experienced designer to come in as a Senior Designer with a target to be promoted to Head of Design after 6 to 12 months and recruit and train a team to then achieve our ambitious growth plan successfully. The candidate needs to be able to work across both Menswear and Womenswear and be able to design across multiple garment types.
The role is as much about design as it is about managing a team and thinking about the bigger picture to help towards growing the business to achieve the growth plan. Once promoted to Head of Design you would become part of the Leadership team where you will contribute to making strategic decisions to successfully achieve growth. This candidate needs to be business minded.
The candidate must confidently know their fabrics, be meticulous with their presentation visuals and be able to hit very tight deadlines. This person must also be able to confidently present to high profile stakeholders who have high expectations.
- Full time position.
- Enter in as Senior Designer to be promoted to Head of Design
- You will work from our Waterloo studio so must live within commutable distance.
- A multi-product designer, working across a wide range of fabric basis with a strong knowledge of tailoring.
- You will have managed and trained a team of designers previously so that as you grow your team you can accommodate managing your junior members in getting the job done whilst you carry out more senior tasks.
- You will have a good sense of colour, print and graphics.
- You will have the ability to work from spreadsheets and translate information given to you in numbers and descriptions into a uniform range that would work across multiple areas of a hotel.
- The creation of design concepts including research and the producing of visual mood boards for presentation to the client. Translate the client brief quickly and get the concept right first time.
- You will be required to research the history and heritage of each brand to come up with a unique design angle that will translate into innovative design and a strong concept.
- You will offer dynamic, fresh, highly creative ideas to excite the client and strengthen the Studio 104 portfolio.
- Be responsible for diffusing this high-level design concept down through the rest of the hotel uniform range. Designing (with the help of supporting designers) the uniform range for the staff to wear in each area of the hotel.
- To offer guidance and support to the product development and commercial team.
- You will be responsible (with the help of supporting designers) for all fabric sourcing and will be expected to present fabric and trim options for each design along with fabric/trim prices, minimum quantities and technical information.
- Work closely with the Pattern Cutter, Assistant Designers, Commercial and Product Development teams, as well as the CEO and COO to achieve objectives set.
- Responsible for meeting key dates and ensuring design is all completed to critical path.
- You will be asked to present your designs to the client in a corporate environment.
- As the company grows you will recruit a team
- It is imperative that you can translate and articulate your design concepts and ideas clearly and quickly onto presentation boards imagining that the audience is not necessarily from a design background.
- You will be able to translate your ideas into coherent and well written sentences to quickly and concisely get your vision and concept across.
- Significant design experience at senior level.
- Significant experience in managing and training a team of designers.
- Experience of tailoring is essential with the ability to cover casual wear also.
- We are looking for a designer who can work across both menswear and womenswear.
- You will have a minimum of 15 years design experience having previously worked for both high-end and commercial brands.
- Very experienced in directing pattern cutters and managing fit meetings and directing how the designs are to be constructed so a good background in making garments.
- Experienced and quick at creating CADs.
- Experienced in creating engaging and impressive moodboards to articulate your ideas.
- Be able to translate your design concepts into beautiful pieces of writing that will support the presentation boards and get your ideas across to the client.
- High-level computer presentation skills.
- Ability to sketch illustrations and then translate to the computer.
- Ability to draw people sketches directly onto the computer.
- You will be dynamic, innovative, and highly creative.
- Must have experience within a luxury and premium brand or high-end high street retailer. Uniform design experience a benefit though not essential.
- You will be a problem solver and can think strategically and innovatively for each client brief.
- You must think on your feet and come up with alternative solutions quickly.
- Strategic thinker and able to plan a range across multiple numbers of sub-ranges. Experience of designing complex ranges and sub-ranges.
- It is essential that you are trend aware with a strong understanding of fashion and lifestyle and quick access to trend resources.
- Good commercial awareness and able to design to a set budget and ensure the range as a whole is being designed with commercial targets in mind. Experience of designing commercially and understanding cost.
- Full contact book of mills and factories. You should be strong on sourcing as well as on design.
- Detailed knowledge of fabrics, garment construction and production methods.
- You will be passionate, hardworking, and accountable for your role. Able to work with minimal direction.
- Highly organised with great time management skills.
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Happy to take direction and be part of a busy team.
WE WILL BE INVITING SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES TO INTERVIEW OVER ZOOM UNTIL GOVRNMENT GUIDELINES CHANGE. PLEASE HAVE A DIGITAL PORTFOLIO READY TO SEND UPON REQUEST.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We regret that due to the anticipated volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.