Senior Designer - Womenswear - Maternity Cover
We are the people of Sahara. We are unconstrained. Our adventurous spirit leads us beyond the High Street to destinations lesser known. For clothes that mean more. That add to the story of our lives. We are unique. Try and pin us down, it doesn’t work. Label us and it won’t stick. We believe that demographics divide, age is just a state of mind and body type is what each one of us sees in the mirror. We are leaders. Visionaries in our own right. Creative, passionate - and only ever underestimated once.
Sahara is a family-run business that creates collections for the free-spirited, independent woman. We are now seeking a creative and talented Senior Designed to join our Design Team based in Primrose Hill.
We have 16 branded stores, 150 wholesale customers and global on-line following.
The Senior Designer will work closely with Design, Production and Merchandising teams on the product strategy, development and design of the new womenswear line.
The Senior Designer will also be responsible for ensuring that our Sahara’s collections are brought to market in a timely and profitable manner.
- Create seasonal mood boards with Design Team and Creative Director
- Develop colour palettes for each season
- Create new collections each season true to Sahara’s brand DNA
- Produce hand drawn sketches to present to the Creative Director for range selection
- Be considerate of current and previous product performance
- Research existing trends within Sahara’s archive and develop new potential commercial styles for the collection
- Identify new product areas to complement the Sahara Collection
- Regularly review and analyse what makes a Sahara’s ‘best sellers’, likewise, understand why a product might be underperforming
- Visit Sahara own brand stores each season to review the collections
- Visit relevant fabric/trims tradeshows in the UK and overseas to source materials to include in upcoming collections
- Create technical packs for selected designs with specification sheets
- Attend fit meetings
- Establish and manage the content and size of the collection during development, editing where necessary to produce options required by merchandisers and buyers
- Select most effective styles for extra stock programmes
You will have:
- Experience in womenswear design within premium and designer sector
- Strong product development experience
- Exceptional technical knowledge
- Clear communicator
- Keen eye for trends and industry standards – deep interest in global fashion
- Demonstratable knowledge of fabric dying techniques
- Knowledge of female body measures
- General knowledge of garment construction
- Basic understanding of pattern cutting
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to work cross-functionally, building strong relationships between departments
- a competitive salary
- a generous holiday allowances
- flexible start and finish times in a friendly office
- discretionary annual bonus
- access to exclusive perks and discounts via Perkbox
- a generous staff discount
- Organic fruit, great coffee and Prosecco every Friday afternoon
Sahara is passionate about working with great people & building inspirational, creative teams. We spend a lot of time at work, so we know how important it is to enjoy your working day and we do so in beautiful offices with an abundance of natural light. We promote a friendly, non-corporate environment at our HQ; we are passionate and hard-working and enjoy socialising both in and out of the office.