My client- a luxury womenswear brand is looking for a Senior Garment Technologist to join their business and play an integral part in the Technical and Development process.
You primary focus is to support the end to end quality of fit and construction, maintaining required quality levels.
This role reports into the Development and Technical Senior Manager.
Senior Garment Technologist- The Role:
- Creation of accurate garment construction for seasonal collections – engineered to support margin requirements and production capabilities.
- Support Development and Technical Senior Manager in show fit and construction amendments.
- Support design in the development of product maintaining required aesthetic integrity.
- Participate in pre-production fittings and management of comments and size charts to pattern and production teams.
- To effectively communicate technical requirements and changes to internal teams during collection pre-production stage.
- Accurate management of software admin and data input – fit, construction comments and size charts.
- Ongoing review and development of quality lead construction standards
- To participate in the development of black standards.
- Identify opportunities for cost engineering improvement.
- To contribute in developing technical team ways of working, supporting the business in more efficient processes.
- Identification and management of risk attributes within garments.
- Management of fit meetings to achieve required critical path.
- Management of sealing process for production handover.
- Support Development and Technical Senior Manager in team training and mentoring.
Senior Garment Technologist- The Person:
- Degree level or similar
- 6+ years of experience within an apparel or related industry
- Proven ability of apparel construction & fit
- Pattern cutting and grading skills would be an advantage
- Manufacturing experience
- Testing knowledge would be an advantage
- PLM / PDM experience would be an advantage
- MS office skills
- Initiative and drive
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Organised, efficient and critical path
If this could be you, pleased an updated copy of your CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
£Dependent Upon Experience
03303 350 195