Senior Garment Technologist
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced garment technologist to work for a well-established luxury brand.
- Provide technical support to all areas of the production department.
- Assist in reviewing the most practical and cost effective method of sewing whilst maintaining the quality and appearance of the design.
- Ensure style packs are detailed and accurate to the garment.
- Oversee first production sample and achieve sign off with design room manager.
- Review all orders from a technical perspective and enter order instructions onto the production system to be understood by all departments.
- Amend patterns both prior and post fitting either manually or on Vetigraph system.
- Produce made to measure patterns using Vetigraph system.
- Liaise with outworkers to monitor, maintain and improve standards of quality and cost, providing training where necessary.
- Ensure all finished garments are made and shipped to accepted quality standards
- Investigate issues of concern to establish cause, then formulate solutions. Develop procedures to avoid repetitive mistakes.
- Manual pattern cutting to an above average standard.
- Experience of Pattern making CAD/CAM systems, Vetigraph a distinct advantage.
- Experience of corsetry desirable.
- Good understanding of different sewing techniques and garment construction.
- Ability to communicate with people of all backgrounds both internally and externally.
- Ability to plan own workload, recognising priorities in relation to the smooth and efficient function of the overall business.
- Computer literacy on Microsoft packages.
- Lengthy experience in a similar role is required.