Our client a ready to wear women's wear brand has a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Garment Technologist to join their exciting and rapidly growing women's wear luxury brand and take ownership within the role.
The brand is about elegance, timelessness and boldness with a splash to classical couture.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic individual to join the team to help Managing all aspects of the Technical and Development team functions. To support the end to end quality of fit and construction, maintaining required quality levels.
The ideal candidate should have extensive technical knowledge, strong organisation skills and accustomed to working in a small team.
This role is a six month temp contract with the potential of going permanent for the right candidate.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Creation of accurate garment construction for seasonal collections - engineered to support margin requirements and production capabilities
- Support Development and Technical Senior Manager in show fit and construction amendments.
- Support design in the development of product maintaining required aesthetic integrity.
- Participate in pre-production fittings and management of comments and size charts to pattern and production teams.
- To effectively communicate technical requirements and changes to internal teams during collection pre-production stage.
- Accurate management of software admin and data input - fit, construction comments and size charts.
- Ongoing review and development of quality lead construction standards
- To participate in the development of black standards.
- Identify opportunities for cost engineering improvement.
- To contribute in developing technical team ways of working, supporting the business in more efficient processes.
- Identification and management of risk attributes within garments.
- Management of fit meetings to achieve required critical path
- Management of sealing process for production handover.
- Support Development in team training and mentoring.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience within luxury womenswear as a Senior Garment Technologist
- Immediately available