The Pentex design team consists of experienced, trend led, fashion forward and innovative designers who consistently bring fresh and vibrant new collections to the retails.
As our business evolves and grows, we are looking for an additional Senior Girlswear Designer ideally from a fast fashion, high street supplier background, who has experience working with Tops, Dresses, Soft Separates and Blouses, having a minimum of 6 years’ experience within this fast-paced environment.
- Using Fabric sources to create, design and develop collections for customer - suitable for their target market
- Commercial awareness, interpreting trends and translating them to meet customer profile
- Keeping up to date with emerging fashion trends – fabric, colour, shape. Identifying areas for development.
- Managing and coaching Juniors - providing direction and support and ensuring that output is consistently high and on brand
- Partnering with the Sales team and working closely with the other departments
- Leading and Attending meetings with buyers
- Preparing for meetings/ customer requests/briefs
- Preparing for senior manager meetings and collating information for Directors
- Managing own workload and deadlines
- Strong understanding of fashion/ high street
- Market/Trend Aware
- Excellent Photoshop and Illustrator Skills
- Good understanding of Excel
- Can do attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and work in a fast pace environment working to tight deadlines
- Strong communication and influencing skills across all levels
- Self-motivation, Proactive and the ability to take the initiative and respond quickly to change.
- Enrolment on pension scheme
- Friendly and informal/smart casual environment
- Canteen & staff room
- Early Friday finishes
- Social staff events