Due to continued growth and success, this leading ladies wear manufacturer is looking for a Senior Knitwear Designer to join its team.
This role is a key position within the company and will require the successful candidate to report to the Head of Design. You will have trend led handwriting and previous experience.
- Designing ladies knitwear collections - a strong commercial eye with the ability to interpret trends into exciting and innovative product suitable for our customer base.
- Keep up to date on current/emerging trends and colour direction.
- Carry out continuous research into new and innovative commercial ideas through different media and trend resources .
- Technically sound - Strong knowledge of yarn, gauge and knit techniques to achieve best end results.
- Design management on customer accounts, providing customers with a personal and efficient service. Taking ownership and responsibility for delivering trend/concepts/colour to the customer
- Work closely with account managers to ensure customer expectations and deadlines are met, and correct product is being delivered.
- Strategic thinking and planning of rack ups, customer meetings and product development across customer ranges.
- Confident in racking up and conducting customer meetings, presenting product, concepts and yarns in line with seasonal knitwear strategy.
- Confident use of Illustrator to produce high quality design cads for customer presentation and tech packs.
- Accurate and detailed tech packs.
- Liaise with factories daily to ensure samples are developed to a high quality.
- UK and international travel for shopping trips and yarn fairs – collating imagery/swatches/garments to present new inspirations and trend to the design team.
- Create and analyse shop reports, confidently presenting findings to the design team
- Develop range of knitwear alongside customer developments, working collaboratively and conjunction with the rest of the design team
- Be organised, proactive and a team player
- Reports directly into knitwear design manager
- Oversee all styles that are delivered from samples rooms to ensure they meet the standard required
- Work with Design Manager to create seasonal strategies. Work with the team to adopt overall strategy for the season
- Identify and present any new emerging product areas/trends that the company can benefit from
- Visit and analyse customer stores to better understand the customer and identify what product areas we could potentialise on
- Liaise with key members of the UK technical team to ensure that fit and make of product is to standard required
Experience working with the UK fashion retailers and supermarkets is required for this role as the successful candidate will be working closely with the factories on garment and fabric development
Whether you’re from a supplier or retail background, please don’t hesitate in applying
We regret that due to volume only successful candidates will be contacted