An opportunity has arisen in beautiful Hanoi for a qualified/experienced Course Leader/Senior Lecturer in Pattern Cutting at the leading UK design college in Vietnam. You will be required to inspire our students in creative fashion through lectures, workshops and exhibitions. It’s an opportunity to experience the culture and lifestyle of S.E. Asia.
The London College for Design & Fashion (Hanoi) began its operation in 2004 in Vietnam and our fashion training has a long established national reputation. Our mission is to help individuals and organizations achieve success in a variety of careers in the design industry. In line with our continued expansion, we are seeking qualified and experienced applicants to accelerate our growth in 2021.
By joining us you will have an exciting opportunity to bring in new ideas and vision to help us further develop and expand the college.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a real passion for teaching and have good experience in the industry. We provide the best support in accommodation, visa and work permit, holiday leave and flight allowance for a long term contract for the right candidate.
Please view us at http://www.designstudies.vn/en/work-us/ for more information about the college and the position.
Ongoing professional development
An excellent range of resources and modern facilities
The opportunity to work closely with a friendly and supportive team of locals and expatriates
Academic and personal support within the role
- Teach pattern cutting courses with a wide range of aspects for garment manufacturing techniques and fabric manupilation.
- Course and course materials development in line with strategic goals of the College
- Contribute to the maintenance of a range of fashion related technical resources, including digital resources
- Ensure that a high standard of teaching is maintained, with students receiving well-planned, well-taught and relevant lessons.
- Evaluate students in class and produce end-of-term marks and academic reports
- Train, supervise and develop teaching assistants or interpreters
- Developing links with industry partners, introducing live project briefs and exploring work experience opportunities.
- Collaborate with Director on curriculum planning and development
- MA or BA graduate or equivalent teaching and industrial experience
- Native or near native level of fluency in English
- Preferably 5 years’ teaching and working experience in the related subject
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Strong team-working ability and excellent customer service skills
- Flexibility and cultural awareness
*** A competitive package will be offered to the successful candidate. Please send your resume and portfolio to:
The London College for Design & Fashion (Hanoi)
Address: 98 To Ngoc Van Street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
Tel: (024) 3 719 9706