My client, a well stablished and growing fashion lifestyle brand are currently looking for a Senior Merchandiser.
Retail and eCommerce (Omnichannel) are both fundamental as revenue streams for the brand. As Senior Merchandiser - Omnichannel, you will have merchandise accountability and responsibility for the creation and implementation of the department strategy in delivering a product offer that exceed customer's expectations and achieves sales and profit targets through planning, trading and managing all aspects of stock to deliver company KPI's in an efficient and effective manner.
The Senior Merchandiser is fully accountable for managing all aspects of financial performance of category stock from initial planning through to the customer. The key role of the merchandiser is to work with the Ecom & Retail teams to maximise profit by ensuring the right stock is in the right channel at the right time. The role will require a high level of analysis and communication between teams to drive trade performance.
- Present at weekly trading sales and stock opportunities and risks supported by thought through and realistic action plans. Identifying commercial repeats in season.
- In season trading to ensure that all categories are performing at optimum levels, constantly monitoring intake, OTB position, & terminal stocks across the department feeding back any upside or risk to sales.
- Own the WSSIs and create seasonal weekly forecasts which are in line with business KPIs. Own department markdowns, margins and closing stocks ensuring maximum profitability
- Produce seasonal and ad hoc analysis that can be used to make strategic decisions within the Merchandising team and throughout the business
- Drive monthly seasonal product review meetings and strategy meetings prior to new season planning
- Work with VM to plan optimal SKU’s at door level to achieve sales and margin KPI’s; in terms of SKU count, stock drops and seasonality, both in stores and online, with consistent brand message
- Work in partnership with marketing, eCommerce, and operations to ensure stock drops are aligned to marketing campaigns optimizing sales through relevant marketing messages and visual in-store product presentation
- Communicate accurate information to internal teams for use in the production of company range plans
- Frequent liaison with own retail store managers and eCommerce team gain consensus on opportunities in the context of data.
- Optimize all retails channels and ecommerce stock inventory vs ideals.
- Oversee the delivery, returns and stock swaps between own retail stores.
- Lead the reservation and replenishment process to attain optimal stock levels per SKU, in line with option plans & drops
- Lead stock data integrity and stock counts.
- Manage retail/eCommerce reserves and DC stock to ensure sufficient stock levels for planned trading period per SKU, as well as return of slow lines
- Ensure Retail and eCommerce reserve orders are on the system to deadline.
- Monitor and review performance of direct reports, identify individuals who are ready for promotion or require performance improvement plans
- Complete and present performance appraisals based on defined goals and objectives for their team members in a timely manner
Education & Experience required:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience at Merchandiser level or equivalent
- Proven track record trading multi-store FMCG or otherwise clear exceptional ability and relevant insight.
- A strong understanding of the life cycle of a product in a seasonally reactive business
- Proven experience in financial management of OTB and stock control
- Experience of working in a multi-channel business desirable
- Budget planning and proven track record in Merchandising control and growth
- Driven by accuracy of data with a high attention to detail
- High numeracy and quick analytical skills
- Motivator - of self and teams
- Influencer - both internally and externally
- The ability to work under pressure
- Sound decision-making skills
- Ability to plan and priorities
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- The capability to work well as part of a team and to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people
- Willing to innovate and design from the ground up, new processes and reporting.
- Advanced excel skills