We have an exciting opportunity for either a Senior Merchandiser or an experienced Merchandiser who is looking for the next step in their career.
Our client is an established, hugely successful and continually growing fashion business who sells to global, multi-channel markets covering Men’s, Women’s & Kids. They have an extensive portfolio of premium brands.
Due to continued growth, we are now helping them in their search for an experienced Merchandiser to join the team.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Due to recent and future growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual wishing to join a busy and expanding Merchandising team in London for a leading fashion label importer and wholesaler. The successful applicant must have a background in wholesale merchandising. This role will also include some travel between offices as required across the UK.
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviewing previous season performance with buying and design – highlighting key opportunities and risks by category.
- Using sales targets to determine overall stock requirements for seasonal buys.
- Set option counts and range plans by brand, category and pricing structure to present to design and buying.
- Working with buying to review supplier performance and providing production forecast for capacity planning.
- Determining buy quantities by style and working with buying to ensure all orders are placed – tracking margins and delivery dates.
- Setting retail and wholesale prices and margin targets for new season ranges.
- Working closely with buying on critical paths to track deliveries and take appropriate action for movements.
- Using the WSSI to track sales and stock and repeating/reducing buys where necessary.
- Planning and trading retail stores and websites – setting initial allocation quantities and replenishment parameters.
- Ensuring all product data is loaded accurately and maintaining data accuracy throughout the season.
- Reviewing sales ratios and ensuring stock is bought to the most accurate ratio.
- Managing and developing a team.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong commercial skills and understanding of the customer.
- Efficient and organised in a fast paced environment.
- Problem solver and analytical thinker.
- Systems knowledge (SAP) preferable.
- The role requires a self-motivated team player with a flexible approach
- Significant experience as an Assistant Merchandiser for a key retailer.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently, prioritising tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate and interact with internal and external business partners across.
- Innovative thinker with good problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Quick Learner
This is an amazing opportunity to take control and grow your career further.