Senior Product Developer
WiggleCRC are looking to recruit a Senior Developer to join the team in Portsmouth
What will you be doing?
To work with the within the development team and alongside The Development Manager, Product Manager and designers to develop and manufacture ranges of products in line with range strategy and profit requirements of Wiggle. To ensure originality and effectiveness of all products through design and development.
- Working closely with Design, Development and Merchandising teams to build innovative and world class products for our target customer. You will be responsible for managing the process from design handover through to bulk production / delivery to Warehouse stage.
- Manage supplier performance and relationship against agreed projects and agreed KPI’s
- Liaise between all stakeholders and suppliers over pattern, design translation, specific product details, as well as maintain aesthetics and commercial viability.
- Manage product ranges, ensuring supporting documentation e.g. workbooks, BOMs, sampling & testing of fabric, product wear testing is initiated and completed within agreed critical path and ready for timely launch or presentation at a stage gate meeting.
- Responsible for day to day follow up with factories & supplier on status of prototypes / samples, price updates and bulk production status process, ensuring that key updates, information of divergence or delays swiftly communicated to all stakeholders.
- Ensure all relevant samples are available in good time for sign off meetings and Go/No-Go decisions
- Build and maintain blocks for all silhouettes across the brand.
- Creating and grading size charts, organising and managing fit review meetings with design and communicating fit & construction comments on proto samples, size sets, and approving PP samples to the factories, ensuring standardisation of fit and sizing throughout the brand/s is maintained through the process.
- Support the factory on technical aspects of fabric, trims and fit development by ensuring that all sample garments are properly progressed in line with agreed CP and proven fit for customer's requirements.
- Liaise with Suppliers regarding minimum quantities, lead-times, fabric and trim availability, booking fabric and trims from sampling to bulk production
- Responsible for cost review and cost negotiation to meet target prices and intake margins on ongoing basis, for overall garments and value engineering as development progresses.
- Technically develop and engineer garments to maximise the manufacturing capabilities. Add value to products with technical improvements, detailing or innovative construction techniques.
- With support Development manager, drive research and development of new products, fabric & trim sourcing and development.
- Review customer feedback across site to incorporate in future products. Organise review of faulty/returned products and customer feedback and support development & design team to incorporate it to improve product design, performance and quality.
- Advise marketing team on fit detailing and material specification for ranges.
- Action and manage fabric, trim and product testing.
Who are we looking for?
- 4-5-year experience working as a technical product developer with a Performance outdoor or Tri sport brand working on technical soft goods and a proven background of taking commercially strong products to market.
- Understanding of Performance woven & knit fabrics, waterproof / seam taped constructions, compression wear and knowledge of down fill products etc.
- Knowledge of garment technology, garment construction, factory production procedures, pattern cutting, and grading is essential
- Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office skills
- Strong negotiation skills and attention to detail with a strive for excellence in delivery
- Ability to be flexible and travel
- Creative flair
Why work for us?
We are always looking for talented individuals who are passionate about what they do. We offer some of the most rewarding career opportunities in sports retail, eCommerce, and IT development. Our people are highly valued and thrive in a relaxed culture which encourages innovation and personal development.
What’s in it for you?
If working alongside some for the most creative people isn’t enough, we offer you:
Excellent career progression opportunities, 25 days annual leave, Staff discount, 5% pension contribution, company sporting events, smart casual dress code and a brilliant company culture.
Is this the job for you? If so, we would love to hear from you…
Why not stand out from the crowd and send us your wiggly cover letter to give us a better idea of who you are and why you want to join the team…