Looking for a change of lifestyle? Our client is an established supplier delivering trend driven fast fashion to all major US and UK retailers. This is an unmissable opportunity to join a large company thriving in today's market. With their Headquarters based in Hong Kong and office across major cities such as in New York and London they are looking for a strong Senior Product Developer specialising in Casual, Active and Denim wear within Womenswear. Your role will entail producing an line each season with monthly drops of new exciting products, catering exclusively to the private label brands of all major retailers that we supply to.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Line manage Co-ordinator and Fabric Co-ordinator
- Manage a team to put together a line and handle independent Fabric development, Wash development and CAD for Print and Embellishment.
- Coordinate and participate in development meetings to happen in-line with seasonal calendars, be aware of materials being developed
- The person should have good experience in market research and be able to coordinate with the Design Teams of the major retailers we supply to.
- Ensure development is returned in time for deadlines set and review with co-ordinators on receipt.
- Co-ordinate and participate in Development/ Swatch Edits and Selection meetings
- Oversee that all information is collected for selected materials and that relevant databases/ filing are updated in UK office and reference sent to FE office
- Ensure that due diligence (base tests and wearer trials) are actioned on new materials when required (hot list and ongoing)
- Review initial due diligence and any further actions required with Co-ordinators.
- Involve relevant parties and gain input where required for an issue (merch, tech etc)
- Co-ordinate meetings to communicate material updates to teams across the business
- Provide regular reports to senior management regarding material sampling figures and review against bulk material reports
- The requirement would be for someone that has 7+ years experience in Women's apparel
Bachelors degree holder in Fashion Design or Product Development,
- Exposure and experience working with the US or UK markets.
Confident in managing and maintaining customer relationships and managing projects
- Strong organization and communication skills - ability to collaborate with multiple departments to achieve company objectives
- Excellent market knowledge and trend awareness with an elevated taste level with the ability to translate this to commercial products appropriate for specific customers.
- Firm understanding of fabrication and trims
General to advanced understanding of garment structure and specs
- Proficient in Adobe AI, Photoshop and MS office applications
- Proficient in computer sketching, creating tech packs and sample development tracking
- Excellent written and spoken English