We are recruiting for a Senior Product Development & Industrialisation Manager, based in Castleford, to complete the transformation of the product teams and deliver the product strategy for Internal Manufacturing, Castleford specifically, through readiness to “win” new product for the business and “delight” the luxury fashion customer
The Senior Product Development & Industrialisation Manager will;
- Lead and develop the Technical Development and Industrialisation teams on end-to-end process & delivery, working closely with corporate, Castleford and Burberry Mill teams to execute our strategy.
- Working in collaboration with planning, production and the corporate cross-functional teams to ensure new developments are delivered OTIF for new product developments, showroom samples and bulk production.
- Lead and coach the Technical & Industrialisation teams, to develop skills and capability, to accurately interpret Design’s vision, through the efficient execution of each sample stage, to include risk assessment, pattern making, grading, construction methods, machinery, fit and performance, in-line with the corporate critical path, to achieve seasonal look book and showroom dates.
- To industrialise and pilot all new developments, based on risk and complexity, through the ongoing development of our pre-production gated approval process, to guarantee the readiness of product for production and to provide ongoing service and support for the factory (internal customer).
- Benchmarking our current processes against our external luxury manufacturing peers, to ensure we are constantly challenging and improving our ways of working.
- Work closely with the Internal Manufacturing Leadership team (IMLT), to leverage experience and skills, by working as one leadership team
- Work with the senior leadership team (IMLT) to deliver Internal Manufacturing strategy
- Development of new product critical path, in conjunction with Castleford planning & corporate teams
- Evaluate & risk assess new design sketch for suitability – development and manufacturing skills, capability and capacity
- Partner with corporate teams on “best ways of working” ensuring all new products are developed and industrialised to an agreed quality standard, within critical path dates
- Manage Technical and Industrialisation teams, to deliver an approved garment standard, accurate technical specification packs and detailed sop’s (standard operating procedures) for all products
- Drive continuous risk assessment process - categorising and managing “risk levels” (high / med low) to a successful conclusion
- Support team members to achieve agreed business objectives and development plans
- Oversee the daily Technical team meetings, coaching and guiding on priorities
- Provide additional support & coaching to factory team leaders
- Travel – local & international (as and when required)
- Support and delivery of “high profile” corporate projects
- Collaborating and building relationships with corporate cross-functional teams
- Extensive experience of leading and developing Technical, Product Development & Industrialisation teams and processes.
- Strong experience with the end to end Product Development of Outerwear product essential
- Experience developing Luxury product ideal
- Strong technical skills & processes
- In-depth knowledge & skills in garment development and pattern technology functions
- Fabric textile industry experience would be beneficial
- Garment manufacturing experience is essential
- Degree level education
- Computer literate – Excel / Power Point / Illustrator / Word
- Sound understanding of PDS system (Lectra)
- Awareness of “LEAN” ways of working - would be beneficial
- Comfortable in a factory environment