Senior Technologist - Beauty
Head of Compliance and Technical
Head Office, SW London
Support the Head of Compliance and Technical to deliver core & MTO Beauty and Wellbeing products and management of the product lifecycle of all existing products within our catalogue ensuring that products, services and information consistently deliver quality, service, safety, legality and value to meet customer expectation in a defined product portfolio.
Utilises specialist technical knowledge to support buying decisions and also advises on strategic development of the supply chain
Works closely with other business functions to deliver relevant product which is ensures maximum profitability for the business, compliant with Global Product legislation and delivered within agreed timeframe.
- Support the Head of Technical to implement quality and product development strategy across product portfolio with the PD team, developing the product portfolio and supplier base.
- Line management of the team of Technologists.
- To compile and review product information packs and technical flies for Core and MTO products managed for EU,UK, US and Canada markets.
- Ensure that all stages of the compliance process are kept on track and monitored for each product to ensure timely delivery of reports.
- To review all product artwork and warning labels.
- Ensure that all product testing is completed and that products pass all legal, quality and fit for purpose test.
- To manage ethical and social audits for the Company via 3rd party providers
- Support Head of Technical with the requirements of Core and MTO projects as required with factory audits visits and training throughout the season.
- Supporting Americas team with requested information on products
- Supporting EMEA/Rest of World sales team with requested information on products.
- Attend key customer meetings with sales team to present new ranges and customer insight. Offer ideas and solutions in meeting to meet needs of customer whilst remaining commercial.
- Liaise with all markets to understand their requirements and drive common specifications across the business and consolidate country specific requirements.
- Regulatory document controls for the expansion into Russia, ASEAN, Gulf and India market.
- Implement action plans to resolve emerging issues across product portfolio (e.g. co-ordination of post launch issues or ethical and environmental issues).
- Support for any post launch issue management for all product (i.e. customer complaints, returns, enforcement challenges, product recalls). Co-ordination with US and EU/UK enforcement authorities and ensure investigation conducted and appropriate actions implemented
- Support the Head of Technical and Compliance in their absence for the day to day running of the department.
- Support the delivery of Technical Board pack to SMT.
- Able to handle regulatory and registration requirements of new markets in beauty and wellbeing categories.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- To ensure testing is carried out in a timely manner in line with critical path.
- Ensure tests are carried out in the most cost effective manner as possible.
- Ensure complete technical files are maintained for every product.
- Ensure factory audits are up to date with ethical audit requirements and maintained on SEDEX
- Assist key MTO factories to ensure they are up to date with Retailer specific audit requirements.
- A current technologist looking for their next step up
- Extensive beauty or skincare technologist experience
- Some day to day management experience of junior team members
- Confident yet collaborative approach to your work and your colleagues
Competitive basic salary + benefits