A very exciting opportunity has arisen to come and join one of Manchester’s fastest-growing womenswear brands.
They are looking to recruit a Senior Womenswear Designer to come on board and design fashion forward Womenswear for the younger market. You will have a good knowledge on trends and be able to easily translate these into commercial product. You will also be able to lead at Senior level and provide support and guidance to junior members of the team.
Senior Womenswear Designer - The Role:
- Responsible for the design, development and trends across all apparel and print direction for the brand.
- Collaborate with the Design Manager and Creative Director on direction for the forthcoming season to build a balanced and cohesive range across all apparel options, including creating mood boards, seasonal colour palettes and fabric packages for customer requests.
- Support the Design Manager with range planning, team workloads and team organisation.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the company critical path.
- Working to and ensuring Critical Path deadlines are maintained.
- Flexibility working across different labels when needed and managing multiple projects at once, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Global travel (mainly India and China) for fabric/trim sourcing, design development and range building, including working with UK suppliers.
- Arrange meetings with print design houses to select new prints for the range and maintain Print Library.
- Liaise closely with all departments, attending frequent sales meetings and staying on top of best sellers. You would be the key contact for the Merchandising department for problem solving/fabric replacements, fit approvals and you would liaise with Marketing for tools to showcase ranges.
Senior Womenswear Designer - The Person:
- Senior Womenswear Designer with at least 5 years’ experience at Designer level, demonstrating exceptional multi-product womenswear design skills, working for a young womenswear brand or retailer.
- Highly organised with experience in managing and mentoring a small team. Experience in prioritising and delegating work.
- A creative thinker and problem solver, and a positive attitude towards helping solve any problems that come your way from all departments.
- Ability to reflect forthcoming fashion trends aligned with the Catwalks for the global market place.
- Strong CAD and graphics skills in prints and embellishments demonstrated through a strong portfolio with fresh handwriting and attention to detail.
- Computer literate in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Excel.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong garment construction knowledge and understanding of designing to a price point.
- Experience in travelling to China and India for fabric/trim sourcing and design development
- Confidence in running meetings and internal presentations of the range.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to – email@example.com quoting our reference: 11679 JJ.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.