Senior Womenswear Designer
Competitive Salary DOE
An exciting opportunity for an experienced, trend-led Womenswear Designer to take the next step in their career and join a friendly team within this fashion focussed highstreet supplier. The successful Designer will be working predominately on formal jerseywear product, as well as a little bit of woven.
The role is to design across multi product womenswear for a well-known, trend driven high street retailer with a big focus is partywear dresses– including some exciting celebrity collaborations.
This is a senior level position so ideally candidates will have a minimum of 5+ years’ experience.
Senior Womenswear Designer - The Role:
- Identifying future womenswear trends within this fast fashion, supplier environment
- Designing trend-led young fashion, formal jersey and some woven multi product collections – products range across mainly across dresses, playsuits, jumpsuits, tops, skirts and trousers.
- Compiling comparative shop reports
- Face to face customers meetings, working closely with a Senior Account Manager.
- Working closely with the pattern cutters, machinists and technical team.
- Garments fitting, fabric and trim sourcing, and liaising with the factories are also big parts of the role.
- Print development alongside the in-house graphic designer is also key.
Senior Womenswear Designer - The Candidate:
- Creative flair and innovation - proactive approach to design.
- Minimum of 5+ years commercial industry experience working on similar fast fashion, highstreet product.
- Able to identify key trends, and interpret these in a relevant and commercial way for the customer.
- Must have experience of designing across formal jersey and ideally also woven garments.
- Drawing skills (sketch and CAD).
- Experience in sourcing fabrics and trims is also important.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced fashion environment.
- Able to work on their own – take initiative.
- Strong personality, able to get their view and ideas across effectively at all levels.
- Must be friendly and able to work well in a team.
- Communication, interpersonal and influencing skills at all level.
An excellent and competitive salary is available for the right candidate.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to - firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference: 11720 KK.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.