An exciting new opportunity has become available for an experienced full-time sock and underwear designer to join an established team for a leading supplier to major high-street retailers based in our Nottingham head office.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and commercial designer with experience across men’s, ladies and childrenswear who is used to working in a fast-paced environment and able to work under pressure. This is a great opportunity for a designer who has previously worked within a similar role for the clothing industry and is looking for a new and challenging position.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work closely with the design and development team
- Attend customer meetings
- Work to customer design briefs
- Research catwalk trends
- Liaise with overseas factories
- Design and develop innovative and creative on-trend designs
- Able to produce high quality work to targets and tight deadline
- Have an eye for colour and knitted textures
- Person Requirements:
- Must have a commercial trend led portfolio
- Good communication skill.
- CAD skills are essential for this position.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Will have experience of preparing designs for factory production.
- Adept on Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Easy colouring literacy
- Creative and enthusiastic
Salary negotiable dependant on experience.
£Salary negotiable dependant on experience