A very exciting opportunity has arisen to come and join this fast growing womenswear business that is the home to popular, alternative brands.
They are looking for a motivated Technical Assistant who holds an excellent eye for detail and quality standards to come on board and play an integral part within the garment production process. Working with both UK and International factories it will be your responsibility to ensure that products are managed from start to finish.
This role would suit a Graduate who is looking for their first step onto the career ladder. Placement/ Internship experience in a technical facing role is a must.
Technical Assistant - The Role:
- Measure samples and check them against the graded spec
- Checking sample construction and highlight any areas of concern
- Check that the labels, trims, packaging etc is correct
- Chase through garment and fabric testing
- Entering clear and accurate information onto excel
- Assisting with garment fittings and send fit comments onto the factories
- Keep the sample library tidy and organised
- Build solid working relationships with offshore factories
- Be involved in sample development to ensure styles are workable at Bulk stage
- Provide admin assistance and general support to the Technical Manager
Technical Assistant - The Candidate:
- Looking for a confident self-motivated Technical Assistant with a minimum of 1yrs proven experience in a similar role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal/written communication and time management skills
- Computer literate
- Working knowledge of textiles, garment make and patterns
- Proven ability of ensuring production is delivered to customer specification through liaison with factory, customer and colleagues
- Team player
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference: 11596 JJ.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
£Dependent Upon Experience
03303 350 195