Technical Footwear & Hard Accessories Designer
Salary £28,000 – £35,000 DOE
Designing new and innovative products for a well-established yet rapidly growing motorcycle business. Great opportunity for an ambitious and hardworking Technical Designer to join an exciting performancewear business, to design across some really exciting products.
Candidates require experience in footwear and also hard accessories for this position – experience in motorcycle specific products is not essential but a skills within a similar area would be of interest. A background in industrial/safety footwear OR sports/performance footwear/accessory design would be ideal.
I am looking for someone with a true interest in designing exciting, innovative, technical footwear and accessories that have real features and benefits but also need to be aesthetically pleasing.
Technical Footwear/Hard Accessories Designer - The Role:
- Creating with new ideas for performance footwear and hard accessories. Products include boots, riding gloves, knee sliders, protective panels for inside garments and also some bags and other accessories.
- Creating mood/ inspiration boards
- Design detailed, precise, technical CAD designs. Ability to create 3D designs would also be of interest.
- Working to strict safety and CE testing requirements.
- Working closely with internal apparel designers as well as with offshore factories.
- Also creating new, inventive POS materials (tags, swing tickets, hanger sleeves etc)
- Keeping up to date with emerging trends in performancewear, motor sports and cycling apparel, as well as general trends relating to performance fabrics, colours and shapes.
- Planning and developing multi product ranges.
- Assisting with the sourcing and selecting of specialist fabrics, trims and fastenings.
- Travelling to factories (predominately in Pakistan) to continue close work with suppliers.
Technical Footwear/Hard Accessories Designer – The Person:
- Ideal candidate will have experience designing technical sporting/performance wear footwear AND hard accessories.
- Excellent CAD skills are essential
- Must have experience working with specialist performance fabrics and protective accessories or apparel
- A genuine personal interest in outdoor sports or the outdoors in general is a bonus.
- This person must be able to come up with new ideas and ways of working – a ‘think outside the box’ approach is required.
- Candidate must be adaptable and open to change
- We are open on level of experience, though ideally minimum of 4-5+ years within this sort of design capacity. Applications will only be accepted with portfolios.
- Candidate must have a valid UK passport and be happy to travel as required internationally.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com quoting our reference: 11686 2KK.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.