Our client is a well established brand owner who manufacture wallcoverings and fabric in the UK, each of their factories operates with clear commitments and initiatives towards the care of the environment and to sustainability. The now have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Technical Manager to join their team based in Lancashire
Technical Manager - The Role:
• Provide support for all departments on technical issues including product development, recipe costing, materials management, cost control. Aim to reduce overall manufacturing costs using more energy efficient process routes and reducing chemical usage.
• Aim to reduce material expenditure by sourcing alternative process and processes without adversely affecting quality.
• Assist in the control of camouflage products and processes.
• Improving liaison between sales, design and production teams regarding new product development, trials and processes.
• Ensure regular discussions with dye & chemical suppliers and machinery suppliers take place to identify opportunities for new product/process development.
• Evaluate dye and chemical costs of new products before processing and monitor dye/chemical costs for established products.
• Ensure all new machinery/processes are implemented in line with Company Health & Safety and Environmental Policies, the IPPC Certificate and all risk assessment in place before hanidng over to bulk production.
• Ensure all process operatives are signed off as competent on any new machinery/processes.
• Communicate any change or trial with relevant departmental manager and director.
• Manage the Company’s water, energy, effluent and environmental controls in line with the Environmental Policy and IPPC Permit, ensuring effective liaison with all outside controlling authorities to ensure compliance.
• Ensure awareness of Lean Manufacturing is promoted within reporting areas.
Technical Manager - The Candidate:
- Relevant textile qualification ideally SDC
- Previous experience of working in a similar role is essential
- Essential that the candidate has a strong background in material development
- Must be able to problem solve and provide assitsance with chemistry and processes where required
- Knowledge or experience of Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Self motivated, a good communicator, polits, helpful, organised and good attention to detail
Technical Manager - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i search GDPR Policy.