Our Client, a highly successful designer and manufacturer of Games and Toys has a vacancy for a Technical Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly team and fun working environment.
The Technical department is a small team of of 4 so management experience is not absolutely essential but candidates must be confident decision makers with the ability to liaise at all levels.
Minimising Risk/Product compliance:
- Working with product development to assess design concepts/new products to reduce risk of both safety and quality issues.
- Risk assessment of components and their suppliers, follow up on required actions.
- Advising on relevant testing to ensure compliance for the products end destination
- Completing product safety assessments where required.
- Ensuring all products meet the technical requirements for both the Client and the Customers.
- Advising on warnings required for each product and its destination, - Signing off on final artworks
- Supporting product development team on technical and production matters.
- Understanding the legal standards/requirements for each country. Working with labs and third parties to keep up to date with relevant standards changes and updating the business accordingly.
- Ensuring all factories comply with the Clients and Customers requirements including:
- Ethical audits/assessments and follow up on corrective action plans.
- Technical audits and follow up on corrective action plans.
- Risk assessment of new proposed factories and follow up on required actions.
- Reviewing factory processes ongoing to strengthen technical capabilities.
- Frequent visits to our factories and new sources to ensure ongoing compliance and improvements
- Working with factories on wood/paper sources to ensure compliance with EU timber regulations and working towards FSC accreditation.
- Managing both the technical team in the UK and China.
- To ensure all relevant legal paperwork is compiled and submitted on time.
- Ensuring various technical trackers are maintained and kept up to date.
- Ensuring inspections and testing are planned and carried out where required.
- Working closely with China labs and factories on testing to ensure results are received on time and testing is as cost effective as possible.
- Creating and maintenance of new systems and databases to ensure clear visibility across the department
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Candidates must have previous experience working in a Technical capacity with Gifts & Games and excellent knowledge of prevailing legislation for these products.
- A sound understanding of international requirements including UK, Europe and USA
- Previous experience visiting and working with FE factories.
- A good knowledge of retail standards and procedures, although candidates from a Retail, manufacturing or supplier background will be considered.
- Management skills preferred although candidates without will be considered.
Negotiable depending on experience