This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to work for one of the UK’s leading Womenswear suppliers of fast fashion in Central London. This well-established woven and jersey supplier is looking for a highly organised Technical Manager to join their great team.
They pride themselves on the product they produce which has its own niche identity. They require a Technical Manager that is used to working with more complexed garments- in particular Occasionwear/ Going Out Dresses, to help maintain and drive continuous technical developments and improvements across the business.
Technical Manager– The Role
- Manage the site’s Technical department which includes the CAD room and Sample machinists from development to production.
- Implement the best working practices and systems to achieve the optimum garment according to the customer’s requirements.
- Train and instruct the team your methods and standards which achieve the optimum quality.
- Constantly strive to achieve the best and most efficient working method and roll this out to the rest of the team.
- Ensure that the final garment meets all aspects of the customers’ requirements
- An understanding for implementation of audit and technical standards (QA & QC).
- Use Vetigraph to produce and amend patterns
- Suggest ways to reduce garment cost and simplify construction for production
- Follow fit comments to meet required specification, measurements and fit in accordance with customer’s standards and quality requirements
Technical Manager – The Candidate
- Strong experience in Womenswear Occasionwear and Going Out Dresses
- Must be up to date on safety legislations, together with relevant supported testing processes.
- Proven manufacturing background with offshore technical experience and hands on skills.
- Assertive with a positive attitude, and good leadership and motivation skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Goal setter, good collaborator with great self-discipline
- Excellent communication skills and good eye for detail
- Hold the ability to identify and mitigate issues early on in the process to avoid delivery delays
- Knowledge of Vetigraph is preferable
- Computer literate to a high standard on Word, Outlook and Excel
- Must be well organised and methodical and enjoy being a part of a fun yet busy team
Could this be you? If so, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.