This is an exciting time to be joining a business, driving for change and looking to recruit a Technical Product Developer. You will be part of the product development team, looking to challenge existing product and bring innovation to range design. This is a hybrid role between fabrics and garments. An interest in performance led clothing would be desirable.
Our client is an established brand and a market leader in fashion workwear across Europe.
Technical Product Developer – The role:
- Good knowledge of fabric sourcing, development and performance across multiple categories would be an distinct advantage
- Part of a busy development team, looking to ensure through proactive research and analysis, that apparel ranges are aligned to market trends, bringing innovation to the market and developing relationships with key garment and fabric suppliers.
- Methodically manage fabric development issues and find proactive solutions to maintain critical path deadlines.
- Reviewing test reports, lab dips and proactively retaining bulk continuity colour standards.
- Liaise with internal and external contact to ensure the product meets performance standards.
- Advise design, buying & internal sales teams on commercial fit for purpose, and participate in New Product Development Meetings
- Meetings as appropriate.
- To support the technical product development and quality team ensure the accuracy and detail of all product specifications including fitting logs and inspection reports.
- Support and liaise with suppliers to ensure quality standards are achieved
Technical Product Developer – The Person:
- Experience within similar fabric technical/product developer role (min 3 years), working in a fast paced environment.
- A good general knowledge of fabrics, reading and reporting lab dips, test reports, liaising with mills and ensuring fit for purpose
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- A team player, ability to liaise with people at all levels.
- A problem solver who can work on own initiative but also a team player with a good sense of humour!
- Ability to travel both in the UK and offshore as required.
- A knowledge of Illustrator is desirable
- Experience in a PLM solution would be desirable
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 11723 1 AA.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.