Our client, a well-known British brand is looking for a Logistics coordinator to join them on a temporary basis to support with a busy workload. This role is to start immediately.
As a Logistics Coordinator, you will support with the distribution of orders, deliveries and stock allocation in various regions, to help maximise performance so a logistics or production background, preferably within a fashion and retail environment is required.
As a Logistics coordinator you will be liaising with all departments with regards to shipping schedules for all stores so excellent communication skills are required.
• You will be working closely with the production team and liaise with factories to ensure that delivery is on time and correctly assigned to shipping vessels.
• Work with the UK Technical to ensure all products are approved prior to shipment
• Booking the transport into the warehouse DC
• Ensure all documentation is created and accurate to shipment to avoid unnecessary delays.
• Update sales, production teams along with the client on shipment dates and any delays.
• Liaising with the transport companies to make sure transport is running are on time
• Able to negotiate and analyse most cost efficient shipping methods
• Able to manage wordpress and process web orders for pick, pack and delivery
• Manage inventory
• Import and Export Experience and working with carnets is desirable.
• Previous experience of working within a busy fashion company is an advantage
• A flexible and motivated individual, with a great attitude
• Prior experience of logistics, Global supply chain and retail operations
• IT literate, particularly with Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Excel)
• SAP experience
• International operational experience
• Multi channel, apparel retail background
• Highly organised and analytical able to work to deadlines and prioritise tasks
• Excellent written and verbal communicative attitude and interpersonal skills
• Able to work as part of a team